Bathurst 2013

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris T

Reaction score
We are heading to Bathurst this year and have about a week and a half to fill in before the race will be driving down from Toowoomba and wondering about which way to go and what to see the wife would like to see some snow but probably to late for that thought about a few nights in Canberra .Any suggestions Nat parks on the way down to Canberra then day trip to snow or camp up around the snowy mountains open to any ideas .Camper trailer in tow and we are basically self sufficient so free/bush camping is the most peaceful .
Let us know your thoughts guy's
Chris

Went to Bathurst in 95, oh the memories even thou i was pissed for 5 days.

Went to Bathurst in 95, oh the memories even thou i was pissed for 5 days.

It was the same when I went in 08 drove down to Sydney from Brisbane had a wild night there then up to Bathurst for 4days of alcohol fueled fun then drove home up the inland road great memories

I went in 1982 Rx7 s were all the shit . And Dick was still crying about rocks :D
Realy need to get back !

Great memories. My first year was 89 went every year till 2000 for the week. The early years were the best. Seen some crazy stuff go on up that mountain. The good old bull ring. Only go up there now and then now. My liver can't do it anymore.
As for places to go. Make sure you get out Bathurst way in time to check out the surrounding areas like Hill End, Safala. Etc. no snow out there in October tho.
I have been toying around with the idea of going to the race for the last few year for the week again but very expensive these days.

Bathurst is great and I am returning this year with a dozen like minded mates. This will be our 4th trip.

The first was in 2006 where our eyes were opened to the wild events on the top of the mountain. We backed up in 2007 where the mountain folk remained defiant of the updated police intervention.

After leaving it for a few years, we returned in 2010 and fully expected it to have remained as unfettered as the past. For better or worse, the health and safety regulations caught up those attending Mt Panorama almost making camping at the big event a family friendly event. Whilst not the same adrenalin from random explosions and constant burnouts, it was a more pleasant experience.

It will be really interested to see how much further down the road towards a family event, Bathurst has become.

Enjoy your trip, we normally drive straight down overnight Thursday to be there for Friday and then head home on the Sunday so do not do much sightseeing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back