Bash plates and bullbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10navst

Reaction score
Got my tax cheque and was gonna get a bullbar and bash plates but I'm not getting as much as expected so was thinking of getting bash plates and recovery points plus other bits and bobs instead. Question is, is it a waste of money getting underbody protection before the bullbar as I believe they come with their own front plates built in?

Cheers.

The bullbar only comes with a small thin plate that goes from the bar itself to just in front of the radiator and really doesnt do that much.

Im not sure about other brands because i have only used ARB, but their plates are designed to incorporate the bullbar plate. (as i would say most others probably do)

The ARB bullbar comes with a crossmember that goes across the bottom of the radiator, and both plates share it to join together.

you can see here where the black plate (comes with the bullbar) joins up to the silver bash plate

Last edited:
Nice, thanks guys. Want to see what the Melbourne 4x4 show has to offer. Many brands and products under the same roof...

brown davis underbody for me.. 10, the sump on the nav is very exposed so id get both if u can..

brown davis underbody for me.. 10, the sump on the nav is very exposed so id get both if u can.. nice looking rig there nathan.

Was looking at the brown Davis kit on eBay... Over $700 for the full kit. I'll keep looking around.

the arb and brown davis bashplates are obviously a good product
but
i have ironman plates and they performed well at sot plus
and other day drives in some very rough terrain
they have had some hard hits and are still holding up well
doing there job fine for 1/2 the price of the others

Are ARB doing bash plates for the D22 yet. They have a market for them but don't seam to do a lot for the D22 considering it is used as a off roader and not just as a work ute. When I say they don't do a lot for them I mean things like bash plates, tow hooks, etc. it took a long time for them to introduce the front locker to the market. Considering how long the D22 has been on the market you think it would be worth it to them to cater for the them a bit better. Their are heaps on the road.

Do the brown Davis plates have a slot for an aftermarket front recovery point like the arb ones?

Brown Davis don't make recovery points , ( iam guessing because of the potential legal issues that could arise ) , because , no matter how strong you make them , there will be some moron that abuses them , and the nature of how and what their used for could lead to death , ive looked at the front of mine and they could quite easily incorporate recovery points into the actual bash plate where it mounts and how its made , but as above someone toss would rip half the front off their truck and fling it , taking someones head off

The recovery points I have seen sold for the D40 utilise the spot taken by the tie down point and an equivalent spot on the other side. The BD plates also bolt on at these spots.

I have BD bash plates and recovery points and the BD plate is actually sandwiched between the recovery point and chassis.

I'd go bash plates first . I got ironman Held up well with the abuse .mine doesn't. Marry up to bulbar couple tex screws fix that but my bull bars of an early model d21 on d22 06 model

Latest posts

Back