Awning Fitment to my canopy. Racking my brain...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobez

Reaction score
Hey all! I fitted a canopy recently. Trying to figure out how to my awning to these roofbars. Its doing my head in to be honest. Anyone have any ideas?

These are the exact bars on the exact canopy i have.

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 248
You can get special roof bars that clamp to the rails on the canopy

My money would be on getting bars on the roof of the cab as the canopy rails can't be spaced enough apart to do the awning from moving around to much.

Oh and remember you cannot mount from cab to canopy!!!
Unless it was the very ends... As they move very seperate of each other ( cab canopy)

You can get special roof bars that clamp to the rails on the canopy

My money would be on getting bars on the roof of the cab as the canopy rails can't be spaced enough apart to do the awning from moving around to much.

Oh and remember you cannot mount from cab to canopy!!!
Unless it was the very ends... As they move very seperate of each other ( cab canopy)

Yeah i have seen these:
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/351190006714?nav=SEARCH

But im not sure they would clamp around bars as thick as these roof bars. I may be blind though. If they do, then im apples with it all, it would be easy. But those clamps dont look like they would clamp around 40mm diameter (roughly) tube bars.

I could be wrong though.

I mounted a solar panel on my canopy and I'm pretty sure I bought 52mm exhaust clamps to fit around the bars.

If you grab some of those yourself, and buy bars that go across the two canopy rails (thus requiring 4 exhaust clamps) you should be able to attach the awning to the side of the canopy. It does mean there's not a lot of distance between front and rear mount, so the awning will wobble a little - keep an eye on the brackets. I had one fail on me from constant twisting.

I mounted a solar panel on my canopy and I'm pretty sure I bought 52mm exhaust clamps to fit around the bars.

If you grab some of those yourself, and buy bars that go across the two canopy rails (thus requiring 4 exhaust clamps) you should be able to attach the awning to the side of the canopy. It does mean there's not a lot of distance between front and rear mount, so the awning will wobble a little - keep an eye on the brackets. I had one fail on me from constant twisting.

Thats the thing though, the bars you can buy to go across the canopy bars don't look like they would have enough reach to clamp around the canopy bars. If they did, the L brackets i currently have on my awning would slot straight into the ends of them.

You need to keep mounting points as far apart as possible. And close to the ends.

My awning had some leverage and has caused the rivets to wear loose

But those clamps dont look like they would clamp around 40mm diameter (roughly) tube bars.

Not sure if the answer would be in picture 10 of 12?
35-75mm is that the clamping width?
Maybe be able to rig up a fail-safe aswell?

Its a Snugtop. Yeah i think i may have to use cabin roof bars. Damnit.

Manning: they will clamp on width wise, but it wont reach around the canopy bars enough if you get what i mean. The diameter of the canopy bars is too tall for the cross bar clamp to get a grip on.

Notice how in the pics they are attached to square shaped roof bars? My canopy bars are around and are larger in diameter. Looks like i have to fork out for guttermount Rhino bars. ****ing hell.

You need to keep mounting points as far apart as possible. And close to the ends. My awning had some leverage and has caused the rivets to wear loose
I had the same problem, noticed that it was moving a bit and found 4 rivets gone!
Replaced them with small bolts and nylocs, had to drill right through the backing plate

Rhino heavy duty clamps.

You'll need to buy the bars, the awning will have brackets you screw to them.
I'll see of I can find them this arvo mate uploadfromtaptalk1427407284495.jpg

Latest posts

Back