Are you thinking of putting on that second lift??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultimate Suspension in NSW sell extended ball joints. Got them sent to VIC and fitted no probs. On a standard 2 inch lift there's no contact, but yet to install a spacer - thinking maybe just a 1inch lift spacer for now.

i wouldnt bother with extended ball joints, it will throw your upper and lower arms out of sync and will have extra stress on itself, either try n get some uca's from the states or wait in line for the monster rides boys to release theirs in a few months

I was on the phone to day to fulcrum about camber problem and he said fulcrum have got a new UCA with full adjustment coming to fix the D40 problem he is going to ring back with price. fulcrum at Browns plains 07 3800 7306

just install a off set lower control arm bush to get your camber right and then grind a bit off the arms and the coil bucket, you can also dolly hammer the coil bucket a bit. Due to the leverage ratio you only need to take a small amount and it wont effect the structure.
It is also very hard to tell it has been done, we are talking small amounts.
D40s rely on their shock extension to limit travel so you may not get coil contact wiht a second lift but you will have near zero down travel and it will drive shit.
You could rectify that by spacing the shock down with some brands.

I know it's an old threat but if any one is still having the problem with the Uca hitting the coil bracket there is a after market Uca on eBay $530 and says it misses the bracket completely.

Hey guys I recently put a 2" lift on and want to go higher. Just checking if I have got it right after reading through this post. So to add the 35mm spacers and extended shackles I need to get extended brake lines and aftermarket uca's. Do I need to change my shocks? My nav is a 2010 thai st. Any help you can give will be great.
Cheers

Last edited:
You want some rancho xl shocks unless someone else make some that are actually longer..pretty basic shock on the rear you could use anything that fitted.... rear break lines need to be minimum 100mm longer.just order these from a big brake shop.they make them up.i paid about $30 per hose..not much else required.

Probably too short.most are
Really need about 100-150mm extra travel which not many offer..i made some shock extensions for mine as it was a weekend and i couldnt find any local stock...never did change them...i have a thread on here that i started with the info...just search my username and have a look.

So I only need to replace the rear shock then? Sorry for all of the stupid questions but I dont want to spend all the cash and it not working out for me lol

hey guys I added 2" spacers and shackles onto my lift and wow it looks amazing. after a wheel alignment it was all fine. just that whenever I turn full lock left or right every now and then i hear a clunking noise coming from only the left side of the car. any idea what that is?

your tyre is rubbing on the chassis maybe, I have 285's on mine and it rubs at full lock.

your tyre is rubbing on the chassis maybe, I have 285's on mine and it rubs at full lock.

Do you hear yours at all?
Mine rubs on the sway bar but i never hear it.think it contacts both sides..mines a thai running stock stx alloys and 285s...

yer from what I can tell they are. there seems to be alot of slack with the extended brake lines though so could it be possible they are catching on them? I got an extra 100 mm at the front

I got the same.definatly have a look at them..mine were made by power brakes and they did a excellent job of getting them to sit right..make sure they arnt twisted...mabee grab a few zip ties and see if the noise stops.

yeah prob more of a grinding noise camo could be the sway bar mounts maybe if not the ball joints as you stated.

Latest posts

Back