Anyone watch this guy freefall?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed it, i was watching last week when he was set to do it but the winds were to strong for the massive balloon.
Will check it out now.

They reckon he couldn't do it unless the winds were under 2kph. I bet he quit eating baked beans and chilli 3 weeks ago if a breeze that light was going to stop him.

where are the pics or footage of the actual jump, i have watched and looked at everything on the redbull link, but iz am stills a learnin......

Check out some of the news website I know c9 and c7 have been thrashing it. Also search youtube for "freefall from space" and you'll get a few clips, as for the full thing I'm not sure whether it's online.

WOW!!! just watched it on WIN news bloody awsome 1300+kph.
How hard would it be to step off that little platform with out literally shitting in your pressure suit........ what a massive set he must have, scary shit just the thought of it.

Eww could you imagine the rest of the trip if did as you "literally" suggested. Maybe that's how he went so fast, he was trying to get away from it.

.....:puke: but if he did spew then he would have to deal both!! maybe thats why he got into a spin????

Well there was mention of his visor fogging up too so maybe there is stuff they are protecting us from.

I hav,NT seen it yet, but I still can,t understand why people jump out of a perfectly good plane. As Nathan said he must have balls of steel, I wouldn,t do it and I can,t think of a number in dollar terms that would make me do it

Wasn't a plane, was a balloon and apparently it can only be used once at a reported cost of $500K so maybe there was a good reason for jumping.

They reckon if he'd have passed out his blood would have boiled. I'd imagine his steel balls would have rusted too.

They lost the first balloon last week on the first attempt, as they were inflating it a small gust of wind blew and ripped it open on the ground. Apparently its thinner than cling wrap.

So that was a half mill gust of wind.

If the balloon is half a million the entire project must have cost a fortune, apparently he's been in training for the mental and physical part for more than 6 years.

Latest posts

Back