Any hunters among us??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can buy them off a deer farm but its much more fun hunting them. the fallow are wild, they roam around quite a few of the farms in that aera.

We can shoot them off a mates property if we want, 200 acres of bush scrub, he's not open to the public but he's happy to let us go in there, it's just easier to let him do the work. But since we don't use our own lambs for meat and we don't have many free range sheep roaming the hills I'd still rather a bit of baa baa black sheep than bambi.

Bunny, fox, pussies, bow wow's, piggies, roo & bambi..

Would'nt mind going north on a camel or donkey cull though, and some buffs..

Bout the last 2 weeks of a very loooong wait/process until in can submit my first PTA. Then another 28 days.

They give you plenty of time to research what rifles you want!

In 2 weeks I should get my piece of paper (gun licence)

Then I can go to a gun shop to pick out a rife. But before I can take it home I have to submit a PTA (PTA = permit to acquire) to the firearms branch. Then wait out the 28 day cooling of period (only for 1st firearm) before I can take the gun home

The whole thing from start to shooting the first bullet out of my own gun will have taken 7 months

Yeah but they aren't really game, usually they make themselves known to most people fairly quickly.

34346404565125769655085.jpg

A couple of nights out with the dogs few foxes and rabbits

69336446432435769655085.jpg

Last edited:
I have been bowhunting for over 30 years deer pigs goats fox rabbits,
I shot a 238dp fallow last year looking forward to this years deer season

where are you based mate?

:rock:

based in wagga wagga nsw but pretty hard to find vermin here because of the floods . so i've been travelling bout 50 kms out of wagga in each direction always seems to be good. i've also got a 60 compound bow but havent used it for years. i'd rather let the do do the running and sneaking lol

Good stuff nav man

There some healthy looking foxes and nice rabbits. Iv been selling the rabbits i get tocover my nights shooting I only need 4 everytime I head out the rest goes to beer money.

I hunt using a Stevens 200 in 25-06, shoot mostly pigs, foxes, deer, roos. All Here in qld, use a 3-9 variable scope. Shots out to 300m.

Good stuff nav man

There some healthy looking foxes and nice rabbits. Iv been selling the rabbits i get tocover my nights shooting I only need 4 everytime I head out the rest goes to beer money.

If it ends up around Sydney, it is $20+ a bunny at the deli/butcher. So i hope you're getting a good bit of that.

is anyone here willing to give out a hunting spot to me?
just rabbit and foxes will do.
im in vic..melbourne
thanks guys..

nice pics on the subject..

is anyone here willing to give out a hunting spot to me?
just rabbit and foxes will do.
im in vic..melbourne
thanks guys..

nice pics on the subject..

Spose that spot i told you about near Kerang would be dead now cause of the flooding.
Did you go up that time..

Latest posts

Back