Any hunters among us??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav_man

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is any hunters on this forum..if so where are you from and where do you hunt.
i try and get a hunt in every week.i'm from wagga
no guns just my 6 month old pup.
which is a staghound x wolfhound x greyhound.
she smashes rabbits,haires,foxes,roos and the occasional wild goat.
when she a little bit older might put her on pigs.

When we were kids we used to hunt rabbits on the farm, motorbikes, dogs and spotlights, they always gave a good chase unless you found one with Mixo and it just stood there.

We've got a good number of feral animals within 20ks of here which we used to occasionally hunt with the 30/06 but these days we really only do animal control.

yea i go out once or twice a week in the flinders rangers in s.a just to try and control the foxes rabbits cats and goats for a lot of farmers where i live. last time i sat down and tried to estimate how many acres i can get on it was around the 45,000 and since then iv been let on a few more places. i have a few rifles but mainly use 22, 222, and the 308 on the goats.

nothing better then heading out spotlighting with a few mates, just cant wait untill the fire bands are over so we can camp out with a fire

best pass time i reckon.. hunting camping 4 wheel driving and fishing..i guess u guys are from qld? i'm in wagga so bit hard finding vermin because of the floods we had and the end of last year. needa wait for number to grow again.

Nah I'm in regional Vic, it's hard not to find bloody vermin around here. We've got all manner of vermin and pest wandering the forests, some is disturbed by logging some just comes onto the farms looking for a feed but nearly all are pests of some kind. We had a rat in one of the farm sheds last weekend that was bigger than most of the rabbits around here, we've got heaps of feral pigs, foxes and the roos although they aren't the pests to us that they are in other parts there are so many of them you'd get bored shooting the bloody things.

Nav man - put up a pic of your hound - I love the runners.

I'm not a shooter - haven't shot anything for 15 years, and I let my ticket go last year.

However I love to let the dogs find the vermin - foxes, rabbits and they tackled a few roos when I lived near Bendigo. Never had them on pigs, always too far to travel and hard to get on land..........but Krafty mate - we should talk!

I have an interest in sambar - and love to get into the bush and look for them. I've never shot one and doubt I would. I admire the commitment and lengths that ethical sambar hunters - stalkers and hound hunters - will go to to enjoy what they do.

Last edited:
I chase crays sometimes out at the heads of port philip bay,all caught by hand.
craypic.jpg

i have an HMR .17 for rabbits & foxes,6.5 x 55 for pigs,12g for ducks etc,and a .22 for tin cans..oh and a sluggy for just mucking around..

I have a 60lb compound bow that I used to take out, Never had much luck with it tho (can never get close enough to the darn waskely wabbits)

I have my longarm license but don't have any guns yet. I have my eye on a .17HMR and am thinking about a .243 or maybe even a .308 later on. I would love a .338 lapua but have no real use until we get invaded and I have to become a sniper. lol

Tweak'e how lovely, Drop the 1 in the middle its younger, And more tender. Fallow there lovely to look at and they taste pretty good too

I hunt ...deer mainly but also anything else that's legal - ducks, quail, hares, rabbits, foxes etc

Here's a photo of my German Wirehaired Pointer and a 24 inch sambar shot in 2008.

FYI anyone who heads to the Vic high country during Autumn, Winter and Spring - including most National Parks - there are a lot of deer hunters in these regions. Stop and say G'day and you mind find yourself with a tasty bit of venison to have on the BBQ.

Attachments

• IMGP1271_1.jpg
    IMGP1271_1.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 219
Only got a couple of pics. got one of her 1st rabbit she was only 3 months old.
now she jumps into my tub with the rabbits in her mouth
and the 2nd one she is on the back of my bro's rodeo but this photo dont do her justice coz she is huge in real life!!

16810049189939705567446.jpg

16683649770385705567446.jpg

If any1 is keen for a hunt and dont live too far away from me.hit me up i got my own business so i think i deserve a few rdo's hunting

Last edited:
and the 2nd one she is on the back of my bro's rodeo but this photo dont do her justice coz she is huge in real life!!

16810049189939705567446.jpg

16683649770385705567446.jpg

If any1 is keen for a hunt and dont live too far away from me.hit me up i got my own business so i think i deserve a few rdo's hunting

I try to get away hunting as often as possible, just hares, rabbits, fox, dogs, pigs and the occasional deer if possible.

Nice looking runner mate. Well done.

Tweak'e how lovely, Drop the 1 in the middle its younger, And more tender. Fallow there lovely to look at and they taste pretty good too

already had more than enough by the time we saw those. hence just took pics.

rusa deer.......they missed it !
roar2010055.jpg

which one would you like?
image102.jpg

the old fellas
image045.jpg

flying in
image015.jpg

Latest posts

Back