Another thread on Exhausts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joely1991

Reaction score
Currently in the process of choosing a new exhaust syst. for my 2006 d22 3.0l TD that already has a tunit chip fitted. im struggling to make a decision between Beaudesert 2 3/4" mild steel syst to my door for $1080 and a system from roo systems, which is 409 stainless 3 inch system with no cat, just one muffler (would have thought this would be fairly loud, but the bloke there doesnt think so) for $1495 to my door. roo systems also offered to retune my tunit chip to suit the new exhaust syst. the bloke from roo systems was very helpful and seemed to have a fairly good knowledge of the 3l navaras. my question is, has anyone had a system from roo system? what was there experience. i've also noticed very little people on here with a stainless syst? at this price i cant really say no

thats a pretty decent price for a stainless system, ive ran 2 beaudesert systems on 2 navaras i have owned and they were always great, pretty easy to install did the systems myself. Was the $1495 including the retune?

okay thanks for your feed back.. yeah im starting to lean toward the stainless system, but then theres soo many people saying the stainless isnt worth it.. iv rang around places in adelaide, next best i could get was a 3 inch syst with 1 muffler and no cat for $1195 yeah thats including a retune. Both systems supply only. Does anyone know of anyone thats dealt with roo systems before, not sure if they're called roo system or 4wd chip, their website is 4wdchip.com.au

I think the reason why people say dont go with a stainless system is the drastic increase in price, in your case an extra 300-400 clams over a beaudesert system with your retune included is great value for money, i would go with a stainless on my nav if i had the extra grand (for a beaudesert one) but i cant justify it when that 1k could go towards other mods. I have a custom made stainless system on my S15 and its great. Just note that 409 stainless will still get surface rust, however this surface rust stops further corrosion from occurring.

Forget what everybody else thinks, it's simple. How long are you keeping the car and do you like the beach? Stainless vs aluminised steel debate solved.

Just be glad you have a diesel and have the luxury of choice - petrol cars with catalytic convertors have to be stainless from the cat back.

Back