alternator centrifugal clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philytl

Reaction score
my alternator clutch has just started making a noise and we are going on touring holiday tomorrow, just wondered how long it might last before it completly fails, if any one has had this problem then any help would be good

thanks phil

My alternator was makeing noise for about 6mths before i changed it last week but its your pick of the draw if it last that long if i was you ill change it for a piece of mind

My alternator was makeing noise for about 6mths before i changed it last week but its your pick of the draw if it last that long if i was you ill change it for a piece of mind

thanks, we are leaving home at 10am tomorrow morning and getting parts over here it like collecting rocking horse shit, think i am just going to have to take a chance, if it does fail will the car still drive ok, going to take a set of jump leads

thanks phil

well it lasted but got a bit noisier on the way home, 300 round mile trip, got another alternetor coming tomorrow morning as i couldnt find another clutch to fit my alternator

phil

03 zd30 seems to have one- just replaced whole unit for under $200 delivered ! 100amp compared to 60amp ! You cant rebuild them for that! Trump Autos evilbay- a few guys here have used them so I went that way:) A cheap quick fix I thought...

well it lasted but got a bit noisier on the way home, 300 round mile trip, got another alternetor coming tomorrow morning as i couldnt find another clutch to fit my alternator

phil

They do sell them- $80 on evilbay! What one did you go for Phil ? cheers vic

Latest posts

Back