All bias aside...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I suppose with the sales staff changing dealerships/brand names so often it's gotta hit all of them.

I still can't think of too many shittier jobs, fancy trying to convince a prospective buyer that you know your product but are neither smart enough or trusted enough to work out the best sales deal without talking to the boss first. The fact that buyers have to keep playing the game indicates too many people fall for it.

I still couldn't buy another Ford but I could buy another Nissan.

Id buy another Terri no worries...had one for 130K now and would happily upgrade it.

as for Nissan...the only vehicle I would buy is another D22 or Patrol...cant stand anything else of their...and even the patrol is almost off the list.

I'm trying to talk my old man out of a 550 because I reckon they are over priced wank wagons. I honestly don't know what I'd buy with an open cheque book but I do know that I couldn't afford it from just a cheque to the value of a current ST.

I'm trying to talk my old man out of a 550 because I reckon they are over priced wank wagons. I honestly don't know what I'd buy with an open cheque book but I do know that I couldn't afford it from just a cheque to the value of a current ST.

Id love a kingcab patrol, nice big diesel donk with a steel tray and with the lot, for camping/fishin and shootin

I had $40K to spend on a 4x4 and I spent it on a new D22 ($29,990 drive away) and so far I've spent $6000 on accessories, I expect to spend another $6000 before I've got it where I want it.

I can't kit out a D40 for $40,000... if my budget was $50,000 then I'd buy one but it isn't so I bought a new D22 (don't talk to me about 2nd hand, I've had enough of buying other peoples problems).

I'd go the V6 TD Navara STX but I'd insist on the dealer providing it with a 3.5T towing cert. It still has more ponies than the dual cab competition and uses remarkably little fuel to do it.

Friend of my loved his Ranger until he drove the V6 Navara. Off the line the navara is about 6 car lengths ahead over 100 metres and still increasing. The 7 speed gear box is brilliant.

dmax is sounding good these days..

But.... they are very poorly appointed for Australia. I would buy the base and spec it up myself. We wanted to buy one, but my very astute wife basically told Isuzu to piss off. "You want to offer this rubbish to the Australian public ? "
Everywhere else they offer the 2.5 twin turbo. They seems to be dumping stock in Australia.

When I had my sunroof fitted, two D-MAX were being worked over with new leather, Sat NAV etc.

I'm trying to talk my old man out of a 550 because I reckon they are over priced wank wagons.

Mate of mine has the STX. He gets only gets positive comments. I wanted to remove the 550 emblems because of the comments I get. Wife said no. It's not the car, she said. Its that you can afford one which upsets people.

Oh yeah but even someone who's jealous like me knows that was the drivers fault not the superior piece of machinery :rofl2:

Mate of mine has the STX. He gets only gets positive comments. I wanted to remove the 550 emblems because of the comments I get. Wife said no. It's not the car, she said. Its that you can afford one which upsets people.

I completely debadged my 550 within first week of ownership as i prefer sleeper look with my cars- disadvantage is that hiluxes think they can go past you on steep inclines while pulling a trailer :)
As for Amarok and Hilux - I ve driven Amarok and it is seriously underpowered , got nothing at freeway speed overtaking and 0-100 is 18 sec and is expensive .I owned Hilux 2007 SR TD before Navara and while it was a good car - Navara is much better to drive .

Patrol TD42ti-any of the later models. Would be my go everywhere car like unurban.no
Or a Hilux sr5 spacecab. But **** i hate T bar suspension.
**** ford any day sick of their shit after sales service everywhere.
Possible a Prado 150(?) series cruiser due to coils, they are perfect size for the girl also.
Did I mention Patrol? The td42 is the best produced engine IMO. Espesh with diesel havin lower sulphur in it we could start seeing common rails going bang a little more from the lower lubrication? Opinions!

I think the 1HD-FTE is the best all rounder, or 1Hzzzzzz would be very close behind it, no toyota vs nissan bias intended here just its the better motor in factory trim.

Very interesting answers guys!
Nice to see most would stick to the Navaras.
Originally The question was posted as my truck is in the repair shop waiting to see if the chassis is bent/damaged. If it is that's a write off, and will be a new car replacement. If they can find the exact same 2011 st Navara to give me ( and replace all the extras I've added to mine it's all covered)

If they can't do that then it's a cheque to the sum and happy shopping.

I'm hoping its not Damaged its a pain in The butt to replace everything again :-(

I feel exactly the same way and I have don't half the mods most people do. The effort of getting a ute back up to the way I want it isn't something I'd want to do unless I really had to.

Latest posts

Back