Aftermarket Cruise Control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nafen

Reaction score
Who has cruise control on their D22?
What brand is it?
How much was it?
Are you happy with it?

I haven't got it on mine but a mate with a 2008 model has on his.

Nice and tidy install to, they use the standard Nissan cruise control button's.

I will find out who installed it and from where.

Dave.

The cruise that Nissan uses is after market as well, there is no genuine cruise, I believe the one they fit is the Command Cruise AP500, typically this is around $650 fitted. Or if you are handy with tools and have enough electrical knowledge to follow a circuit diagram you could buy an AP60 from Supercheap and fit it yourself, which is what I did.

Thanks fellas, fitting it isnt a problem i just want details on how good the systems work, there are so many shit cruise controls out there that i dont want to waste my time fitting one to find that out.

No worries, well the AP60 I fitted is a cheapie, it hold speeds pretty well, less than +/- 3km/hr for the most part, the only real issue I have with it is that when it is turned on it surges past the initial set point by about 5km/hr then comes back to it, but it's not a big deal once you are used to it.

Thanks Shonky, sounds good and the price is good too, how has yours gone with the magnets? Alot of people seem to have problems with that particular type.

No problem with the magnets at all, I put them on the first part of the tailshaft between the transfer case and the CV joint, from memory I kept around a 5mm gap to the magnets and it hasn't hit them yet, and doesn't drop out, the supplied manual says 3mm max distance but it hasn't been an issue for me. I've also put some silastic type of adhesive on the wire tires and around the magnet to stop it coming off during water crossings and the like.

For anyone that finds the magnets hitting the sensor, it's easy to fix anyway, get some rare earth magnets as they are much stronger (magnetically) from Jaycar, you can keep these about 12mm away from the sensor without any drop out issues.

Rang Autron to get some pricing and details of their system.
Was told need to ring local installer.
Asked for $RRP was told the installer will determine the pricing so that explains why some people have paid up to $250 more than others.

Anyway local installer doesnt answer phones so waiting for return call...

Got the Autron Auscruise unit installed a couple of weeks ago and it has made the ute much nicer to drive on long trips.
Few teething problems because of all my mods but the box is completely adjustable by the installer and he was able to adjust everything to my liking.
Fuel economy has improved a heap on freeway trips by keeping speed constant and minimal fluctuations in boost levels.

Id recommend it to anyone who does a lot of driving.

got any pics? I noticed the Xtrail has the same steering wheel as the D22. Keen to get cruise, just want the factory looking controls like the x trail. hmmm wonder what cruise system the x trail has fitted and whether or not it will work

Ive got an Autron Auscruise in my navara had it for about 4 years one of the first things to put in excellent can't fault it as it is drive by wire no magnets pay more for it but has been reliable paid about $1000 installed for it but well worth it.

got any pics?
Nah but i can take some if you want, although theres not much to see just a standard looking button pad on the steering wheel and a small LED mounted in one of the blank button holes to indicate when it is engaged.

They just had a price rise and it is now $770 fitted although i did 3 of mine at once for a better price.

Just got Autron Drive by wire model fitted.
$670.
If you are in Melb, DO NOT get it done at Gary's Car Radio in Campbellfield.
Complete wankers...they do not have the programmer to calibrate the unit and fuked me around after like you wouldnt believe.
Ended up ringing Autron and they sent me to an installer in Shepp and am going there next monday to fix at their cost.
At the moment it works fine but it is factory basic programmed and dose'nt allow me to set speed above 105 clicks..just has to be recalibrated and will be fine.
Just well and trully pissed off that Autron have installers such as the shiester i went to.
Otherwise they are a good unit, not that there is much else to choose from.

increased fuel economy i would never have guess it. but when you say steady boost level's i understand now ah.

Got cruise calibrated in Sheparton today including a few tweaks to the standard program and it works perfectly.

You can check Autron/Auscruise on the web and you can see all the products and features.
Also fill your details and they will give you your nearest installer. Its wise to get a few installer prices as they can vary greatly.
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

I have the Autron fly by wire unit in mine and had it fitted before I picked the ute up from Nissan. Its Excellent!

I used it constantly in my recent holidays and can't imagine what it's like driving the Nav without it. Controls on the steering wheel and LED on the dash. Very easy to use

Holds near on perfect speed for hours +/-1km/h I think it was about $700 odd, don't remember now and who cares when it is an essential and integral part of my driving experience.

Go the extra money and fit a decent system.

DJ

Latest posts

Back