Adjusting hard lid latches

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJJ84

Reaction score
Hi all

I just fitted a hard lid to the Nav and am having issues getting the latches in the right spot. If I get them where they lock, they're loose and rattle but if I put them where they'll be tight, they won't lock.

Has anyone had this issue, if so, how'd you overcome it or is it just something you have to deal with?

BTW, it's a lid with a centre push button that auto closes, not key locks either side

Cheers!

Brett

I used to have a hard lid. Single push button in the middle, "slam shut" latches on each side.

It was a tricky job to get it adjusted correctly. If mine was setup to allow the lid to close without much force, then it would rattle. Only way I got around it was by having the lid "tight". So it required a decent slam - one hand on each side, above each latch - in order to latch properly.

what about adding a compressive foam strip around the edges, then leave it 'loose' and the foam will fill the gap stopping it rattle?
Try Clark rubber :)

what about adding a compressive foam strip around the edges, then leave it 'loose' and the foam will fill the gap stopping it rattle?
Try Clark rubber :)

That's an option, but this is a factory lid, so it should work. already has a small piece of foam tape, if I can't get it to work I'll add something like that with a bit more thickness to compress as a last resort.

Cheers!

Yeah, mine was an EGR - they make the factory lids for Nissan I believe. There is a piece of medium density tape running the perimeter and that does take up some of the slop.

Forgot to say - you can do probably 95% of the adjustment with the tailgate down. That allows you access to the latch strikers to move them. Then - once you think you have it right, close the tailgate and double check the fitment.

Yeah, mine was an EGR - they make the factory lids for Nissan I believe. There is a piece of medium density tape running the perimeter and that does take up some of the slop.

Forgot to say - you can do probably 95% of the adjustment with the tailgate down. That allows you access to the latch strikers to move them. Then - once you think you have it right, close the tailgate and double check the fitment.

yeah, I was already doing it with the tailgate down, got it nice and tight now, thanks guys

Back