4wd suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey zordo.

looking for a dobinson kit for a d40
efs leafs
dobinson coils
rancho 9000xl rear shocks

and what ever for the rest i dont need shackles either.

cheers mate

EFS leaves, dobinson coils, Lovell front struts, u/bolts, bushes Rancho rear shocks will be $1550
Cheers

:dontknow: mine is 510 standard from centre of hub to front wheel arch

to acheive 675m, is that with extended shackles?

what parts are used and what price please, shoot me a pm if you wish.

Where is Brisbane are you?

I would fit a full new kit.
Bluemax leaves, Lovells shocks, Dobinson or Ironman coils & u/bolts, bushes, greaseable shackles STD lenght
Sorry typo error in earlier post [now fixed]
Should get about 575 front & 585/595 rear depending on what weight you have on board
I am in Upper kedron
Cheers

Last edited:
I would fit a full new kit.
Bluemax leaves, Lovells shocks, Dobinson or Ironman coils & u/bolts, bushes, greaseable shackles STD lenght
Sorry typo error in earlier post [now fixed]
Should get about 575 front & 585/595 rear depending on what weight you have on board
I am in Upper kedron
Cheers

bugger was getting excited about 675mm, is 4" sus lift hard to acheive?

d22 str 2011 body lift is it leggal in vic or dose anyone do engineering for that ???

any help would be grate

Mate i am not sure what the rules are in VIC.
In QLD no problems
Cheers

Hey Zordo,

Just woundering how much it is for a toughdog kit for my D22.

have a steel bullbar with winch on it.

Dont cary much in the back.

How much to post to Townsville in QLD????

Full toughdog kit is $1900
freight is about $120
Cheers

Hi Zordo, just after your opinion on a bit of a lift kit for my '06 ST-X. Car has about 130k on it and from what I can gather has had a hardish life towing a caravan.

Basically I want to raise it as high as it will go legally, without compromising on-road comfort too much. The tray is empty 90% of the time and only really gets loaded up for camp trips and towing the bike trailer on the w/e. Otherwise it's just the canopy and standard full-size alloy bullbar on there. I'm new to this 4wd thing, but am looking at doing a lot more off-road stuff and hitting the beach as much as I can. Also, I'm likely to do a trip to the cape early next year.

The front end seems to be more or less OK, but the rear-end seems to be crap at handling sharp-edged bumps but adequate on smooth rolling stuff - usually ending in a lot of complaints from friends in the back on the beach! This seems to be the same whether loaded up or not. I want the lift to give it more travel and ground clearance (and having it look cool doesn't hurt either). So... what do you suggest ? Sorry for the long story.. just had to get it all out. Cheers mate!

Last edited:
Hi Zordo, just after your opinion on a bit of a lift kit for my '06 ST-X. Car has about 130k on it and from what I can gather has had a hardish life towing a caravan.

Basically I want to raise it as high as it will go legally, without compromising on-road comfort too much. The tray is empty 90% of the time and only really gets loaded up for camp trips and towing the bike trailer on the w/e. Otherwise it's just the canopy and standard full-size alloy bullbar on there. I'm new to this 4wd thing, but am looking at doing a lot more off-road stuff and hitting the beach as much as I can. Also, I'm likely to do a trip to the cape early next year.

The front end seems to be more or less OK, but the rear-end seems to be crap at handling sharp-edged bumps but adequate on smooth rolling stuff - usually ending in a lot of complaints from friends in the back on the beach! This seems to be the same whether loaded up or not. I want the lift to give it more travel and ground clearance (and having it look cool doesn't hurt either). So... what do you suggest ? Sorry for the long story.. just had to get it all out. Cheers mate!

hi mate.
Seeing you drive empty most of the time i would go with comfort rear leaves
So a full kit is $1650 fitted
Leaves, u/bolts, bush kit, greaseable shackles, shocks, coils, struts
Cheers

Hey zordo. Need some help with tough dog shocks.

Need them to be for a 3" lift but have the same closed length but be 3" longer in open length. Possible or not? Need to be adjustables for the rear of a d22. Maybe even rancho of the same length and in adjustables? What price each?

Let me know
Cheers

RustyNav09 said:
Hey zordo. Need some help with tough dog shocks.

Need them to be for a 3" lift but have the same closed length but be 3" longer in open length. Possible or not? Need to be adjustables for the rear of a d22. Maybe even rancho of the same length and in adjustables? What price each?

Let me know
Cheers

Hey rusty, from best of my knowledge... Even your standard shocks will extend out the extra 3" I ran into the question when I got my suspension re-done at Christmas time. I wanted the option of putting extended shackles in and wanted to future proof for when I put the UCA's in. Turns out, there's more than enough travel in standard ones for the extra flex of a 3" kit.

So anyone trying to sell your "extended travel" shockies, is just taking your money for nothing.

hey zordo, could you quote me on:
D40 ST 2011
Toughdog adjustable 40mm lift front struts, Whats better toughdog or rancho rears?, need either adjustable.
Dobinsons 40mm front and 50mm rear springs 150kgs if possible

Set of bushes, should be able to use the old ubolts no different in spring thickness? Will i need brake lines?

Cheers
Mitch
Brisbane 4500

hey zordo, could you quote me on:
D40 ST 2011
Toughdog adjustable 40mm lift front struts, Whats better toughdog or rancho rears?, need either adjustable.
Dobinsons 40mm front and 50mm rear springs 150kgs if possible

Set of bushes, should be able to use the old ubolts no different in spring thickness? Will i need brake lines?

Cheers
Mitch
Brisbane 4500

The above gear will be $1620
Toughdogs all round.
I would go with new u/bolts $50
Greaseable shackles $40ea
Freight $40
Cheers

Back