400 KG Leaf Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi PaulyB,
Don't want to disalusion you but I have been getting these sorts of promises from these guys since I first complained that my first set of springs were rough as guts back in sept.
I have since fitted two more sets, which were no better, and now there is suppose to be a fourth set on the way. I have had many phone calls with these people, mostly banking my head against the wall. There favourite line is I'll ring you back, but of course they don't.
Anyway I'll fit the next set asap but I'm not very confident they have sorted the problem.
Good luck Paul and let us know the outcome.

So i have had the 4th set of springs fitted and after doing a couple of hundred kay's, i am still not impressed with them, not much difference at all. would i recomend them? No way. John told me he has sold at least 6 sets lately for navara and everyone is happy with them' have a look on the internet he said, he can't understand what is wrong with mine. Well i can't see 6 happy customers here. Anyway i am sick of em, i am going to put a couple of hundred kilo's in the back for a month or so and see if that helps them settle in, if not they will be coming out and some other brand will be going in as i won't be testing out any more for them.

Hmmm still not satisfied customers. I have been doing a bit of studying into leaf spring types, spring rates etcyunderstanding is tthe new sax spring uses a parabolic third stage? So a parabolic spring is installed in Apr of vehicle which are used to carry heavy loads ie trucks, vans, busses etc. So this comes to my conclusion as to the theory of one sizes doesn't fit all. I know they probably get the third stages made bulk and to a single spring rate for a parabolic spring. Remembering that a parabolic spring can equal upto 8-10 standard leaf packs.

So coming to my conclusion is that maybe they need to remove the parabolic spring from the third stage and just use a thicker normal leaf spring with a high spring rate. After hundreds of times I have looked at mine I never really took into account my spring pack plus third stage are all normal leaves ( old style). So I reckon if they swapped the parabolic item out or even made it a tad thinner in the middle where it bolts in would take the jarring effect out of it. Our vehicles have gvms for a reason and even with springs that can carry 1.5t we are way over our gvms.

So maybe someone could suggest this to John or Brad. I am a happy customer and had great service from them. Small hiccups but they quickly rectified them.

Thanks
Rusty

I've spoken to Dave today.
He got his new springs and is STOKED with them. In his words. "Feels like a Prado"
So something's gone right.

Update re my springs.
Yesterday I dropped the car into SAX at Brisbane, met Brad.
A quick look at the rear springs and he agreed to fix the problem.
I was offered the use of one of their cars and a spare office to do some paperwork for myself (quoting).
It took a little longer that expected, but the outcome was great.
I know some of the other members on here have had the run-around with SAX,
But I can honestly say I had my issues address and fixed within a day of first talking to them.
The D22 now drives like I expected it too, and was a pleasure to drive the 2 hours back home.
Nice to get good customer service.
Paul

Hi Paul
A couple of questions for ya.
How many leaves are in your springs?
Has yours got the bracket on the front of the springs with the rubber bump stop on it? John told me to take them off altogether and see if that helps.
What sort of shocks are you running? Their brand or something else.
Just trying to work out what i can try to make mine better.
Cheers Steve

Hi Paul
A couple of questions for ya.
How many leaves are in your springs?
Has yours got the bracket on the front of the springs with the rubber bump stop on it? John told me to take them off altogether and see if that helps.
What sort of shocks are you running? Their brand or something else.
Just trying to work out what i can try to make mine better.
Cheers Steve

Steve I have 4 full leaves+1 bottom straight + the half spring(load Leaver) total of 6.
Yes there is a bracket and stop on the front.
Yes their brand shocks.
When you look at the back hanger/shackle from the side.
Is it straight up and down (plumb) or is it at an angle with the bottom leaning to the rear of the truck. The springs can will only work with the latter I believe.
Hope this helps
Paul

Paul
Thanks for the quick reply.
The back hanger/shackle is at an angle leaning to the rear of the truck, mine have 6 leaves to and i'm running their shocks, I just don't know what to do. Guess i will remove the bump stop bracket and see what happens.
Steve

Steve I have 4 full leaves+1 bottom straight + the half spring(load Leaver) total of 6.
Yes there is a bracket and stop on the front.
Yes their brand shocks.
When you look at the back hanger/shackle from the side.
Is it straight up and down (plumb) or is it at an angle with the bottom leaning to the rear of the truck. The springs can will only work with the latter I believe.
Hope this helps
Paul

Any chance of some pics?? + What spring rating did u get ?? The Performance pack (+200kgs)?

Paul
Thanks for the quick reply.
The back hanger/shackle is at an angle leaning to the rear of the truck, mine have 6 leaves to and i'm running their shocks, I just don't know what to do. Guess i will remove the bump stop bracket and see what happens.
Steve

Hi old bear,
I have just fitted my next set, they are still rough, so in desperation I removed their shocks, that John told me I needed four months ago, and hey presto the springs are actually bearable!!
So methinks maybe the shocks are the problem.
I have been trying to contact Sax today but just bang my head against the wall. I'll get him to ring you back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bullshit.
As for taking the bump stop bracket off, John is just making excuses how is that going to give you a better ride when it just swings in the breeze. It only works when you have it on the top setting with a full load on.
Pull your shocks off old bear and take her for a spin..
cheers fj

Hmmmmmm, all the things he is suggesting are illegal.

I cant remember saying I wanted my Nav too be defectible.

Hey Joe
I have been away and haven't had a chance to take shocks off yet but i will give that a go, i agree with you about the bump stops, i can't really see how that would help. So what shocks are you running now. If it's better with shocks removed i think i might have to order some bilsteins like i should have done from the start. More money, i wonder if john will give a refund on the shocks if they are the problem.

Hey Dave, hows your new set going? You have bilstein shocks don't you and are happy with them?

Hmmmmmm, all the things he is suggesting are illegal.

I cant remember saying I wanted my Nav too be defectible.

Hey I'm not suggesting for a moment that anybody should drive around with no shocks.
I was suggesting you go out a back track somewhere and take them off just to see the difference.
Of course you wouldn't drive at high speed on a busy highway with no shocks on.
If the difference is as great as mine you won't need to go far.
fj

I have still got all my original suspension that has only done 6500 k's.
Would the standard shocks still fit with the lift? I might see if i can put them back on to see the difference. Anyone know if they would still fit?

Na Joe, I was refering to John. First it was a illegal 4 ich lift, now he is saying to remove the bump stops.

Steve, they're alright around town and on decent roads.

Get on Cessnock council's dog shit roads and they ride like shit.

The vibration's have gone.

Oh and for the price of these springs, we should get 3 years of greese to stop them from squeaking.

Pulled the Bilstiens out the other day, they are still good after 200,000km's plus.

Need to get new rubbers for the shocks though.

I wouldn't use any other shock.

I'd like to try Koni shocks, apparently they make them for the D22 as well and you have the added bonus of they are adjustable and not a monotube, but in terms of shock vs shock on par with bilstein for quality and ride.

So Dave... Are u happy with the springs now...... ???

Na Joe, I was refering to John. First it was a illegal 4 ich lift, now he is saying to remove the bump stops.

Steve, they're alright around town and on decent roads.

Get on Cessnock council's dog shit roads and they ride like shit.

The vibration's have gone.

Oh and for the price of these springs, we should get 3 years of greese to stop them from squeaking.

Pulled the Bilstiens out the other day, they are still good after 200,000km's plus.

Need to get new rubbers for the shocks though.

I wouldn't use any other shock.

Just purchased a full package from Sax, shocks springs, torsion bars. It rides like a Honda Civic lowered to the bump stops in the rear. I think the front fells ok but is hard to tell at the moment because the rear is so bad. Mine have only the six leafs in total. When I loaded it on the weekend with my camper and some gear in the back it only dropped 10mm and when I jumped up on the rear bar to bounce it, the rear didn't move. The only suspension I'm getting is from the tires. Funny thing is, is that on small bumps and smoother roads it rides quite nice but hit a speed bump it gives you hell. It fells like it is running on the rubber stops to me, like an old short wheelbase FJ40. it bucks you back and forward. it could be the shocks, I will remove them tomorrow and see if it helps.

Latest posts

Back