HD Suspension Opinion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obr1en

Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading my rear leaf springs front the Bluemax Comfort loads I currently have in the rear to either Bluemax H/D OR Extra H/D.

I am going up to Cape York in July and have roughly worked out that possible weight on board will be around 450kg for the month.

Everyday driving will be around 260kg (Canopy, drawers, recovery gear etc) when at home. And normal weekend camping trips I would say to be around the 400kg mark.

I have already spoken to Zordo with his recommendation of the Extra H/D and remove a spring when I get home.

I don't want to lose all flex but still want to obviously get maximum height.
What are others running in there D40's ? I guess its 50/50

I was thinking the H/D's with 2" shackles may still work.

Hi mate
my ute when fully loaded for work is about 280kg, canopy, ply wood draws, all my tools, measures 580mm from centre of rim to guard.
Most days at work probably about 190kg, measures 585mm.
Day trips 4x4 about 120kg, measures 595mm.
Camping trips for a week or two about 400kg.measures about 570mm.
I'm running ultimate suspension comfort load with a extra leaf added and flexes pretty good when 4x4ing with 120kg or so.

I just put his extra hd springs in mine.

John knows his stuff he'd never sell you something that won't work on and off road. He's also going to give you the cheapest best options.
I removed mediums with extended shackles and I'm siting higher, and riding smoother too

John put XHD in mine too. and it still flexed great and rode good too. I have arb canopy, Black widow draws (heavy) lr fuel tank, sliders ect ect ect. My car is heavy but it rode better with the bluemax john suggested than the other brands I have tried and also flexed better. I would go XHD and try it, I think you will like it and if not remove a spring later as they all settle a little and sag.

Thanks mate .. I'm spoke to john today. And just like when I bought my first setup of him he was a great help. I am going to order the XHD tonight and if it's to stiff than rip a spring out. Cheers

I use my 550 Nav for towing a 4200Kg Gooseneck Horse Float. Monday to Friday the 550 is a Shopping Trolley . Fitted the Bluemax 5+2 Rear leafs.The Guys at Blue max Straightened the 2leafs Slightly so they don't Engage as early.

Great ride , sits up nice and High, handles the load easily when it has to.and Bonus- The Wife loves it.

Drove another nav with an ARB Setup similar Spec and that was Harsh compared to mine.

Go for it you will not regret it

Cheers mate.. Have ordered the extra heavy duty blue max leaves of John so hopefully arrive this week and get em in and see what there like!

Latest posts

Back