3 inch Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacb_

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know your opinions on the best and cheapest suspension lift, i want the full kit just wondering how much its gonna cost me

Cheers Zac

IMO a 3inch suspension lift is kind of a bad idea for several reasons.

1. puts heaps more stress on your cv's than they are designed for
2. costs the same or more than a 2+2 lift (susp and body)
3. heard lots of guys flogging out ball joints prematurely
4. even with calmini UCA's you will still only get ~2.75" of lift otherwise the bump stops will be getting compressed by the UCA which is illegal and dangerous.

on the other hand, assuming you can DIY, you could do a 2" EFS lift for about $1300 and zordo body lift for $400 which is still a few hundred less then if you did a 3" with the calmini UCA's not to mention you can fit 33's easily with a 2+2 lift

anyway thats just my 2c

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know your opinions on the best and cheapest suspension lift, i want the full kit just wondering how much its gonna cost me

Cheers Zac

Best & Cheapest don't belong together in the same sentence.

Have a read through the forums, see what people have been using - ring around for a few prices because they often fluctuate.

I'm running the following and it really only gives me 2.5' of lift.
These parts aren't the cheapest, in some cases the most expensive on the market - but I think gain the best results

Calmini UCA - everyone else copied there design for a reason
Calmini IAB - 6 to one, half a dozen to the another
Bilstein Shocks - best quality ride hands down, longest stroke
EFS comfort torsion bars - designed for the extra lift, not much stiffer then standard
Ball joint spacers - lets me back off the torsion bars a bit, gain more clearance and droop under the UCA & droop stop
Diff drop kit - lowered the diff nearly 0.5' not huge but was easy enough and every little bit helps the CV's

Have a read through the forums, see what people have been using - ring around for a few prices because they often fluctuate.

These parts aren't the cheapest, in some cases the most expensive on the market - but I think gain the best results

EFS comfort torsion bars - designed for the extra lift, not much stiffer then standard
Ball joint spacers - lets me back off the torsion bars a bit, gain more clearance and droop under the UCA & droop stop
Diff drop kit - lowered the diff nearly 0.5' not huge but was easy enough and every little bit helps the CV's

Mat713

What springs & shackle combination are u running in the rear?

So how do they get the 3 " lift in the rear with these kits ? Is it a combination of spring heights and shackle lengths ? Any 1 know ?

the rear is the easy part, long travel shocks and stiffer/more curled upwards springs and your done.

the front is what gets people every time, just such a stupid design for a 4x4...

What diff drop kit did you go with and got any links to it to hav a read up on?

-Tyler

Most extended shackles I've seen are 2 " so does that mean u go 1" raised springs???? I havens seen any advertised?

If you go a full 3inch raised spring the car won't sit anywhere near level. The tough dog 2inch raised springs I have raised the rear 75mm and with the calmini arms I only got it sitting decent with about 10mm clearance on the bumpstop. 2 inch suspension and 2 inch body will be a way better set up.

-Tyler

Good luck finding long enough bolts for 3" blocks. You will also face a lot of attention from the boys in blue.

If you do the 2in lift and a 2in body lift do you need to do anything else. EG break lines, steering lengthening.

2 and 2 is fine, no need for brake lines, re drill the holes for ur front and rear bar and adjust ur steering shaft and ur sweet to go pretty much.... 3" body sounds like trouble

I looked into a 3" body lift, You would need to replace all brake lines and get bolts specially made. The cost would almost double in price

Latest posts

Back