3.0 litre EGR/Butterfly/Swirl Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how about after snorkle 3inch and tunit chip if i do this mod would you recomend egt gauge and what is the safe temp range

any time you add fuel you need to have an egt gauge fitted to keep an eye on whats happening.

Are those pictures for the zd 30 motor?

After 41 pages of info, you may have to be a bit more specific - which pictures?
The ones on page 1 are for the the ZD30. This is the 3.0L D22 engine.

It is not as hard as it looks once you get the pictures, take them out to the car and trace the various hoses and how to change them. If in doubt, take some digital photos yourself of your setup before you start so you can also change it back if needed.

KB

this has probably been answered 1million times

when you guys blank the EGR off are you doing the butterfly mod straight away?

im curious of this after my egr was blocked but my car run like crap as this was probably never done.

Yes, I read all about it, got the diagrams and did it all at the same time, the ute runs great and I found no down sides from doing this over a year ago.

ok cause when my turbo went i got it replaced with a billet compressor wheel turbo last year and the guy who did it blanked the EGR off and im guessing didnt do the butterfly mod and what was happening was the car would run fine around town but out on the high way it would sit at 11psi and would have no power what so ever, i was using more fuel and my father was towing 2.5T with his V6 rodeo and was pulling away from me.

I unblanked the EGR and the car went back to normal running correctly and high way driving was returned back to normal.

if i had done the butterfly mod would this have fixed my problem.

been reading heaps of times guys have been blanking the EGR and having no problem and its got me stuff as to why mine was playing up, untill now.

this could be the reason behind it?

If all the other things are not done ie: swapping vacuum lines etc as per instruction other things won't work properly, as in it won't shut down smoothly etc, also it's good to disable the swirl butterfly as well as per the instructions, that keeps it fully open so maximum air flow is going through to the intake runners.
Depending on gear, revs and speed mine can be cruising at anywhere from 5 psi - 10 psi and when I accelerate pressure will build fairly quickly to about 16 psi, I do have a manual boost controller however, this stops the pressure from opening the waste gate partially too early and makes sure boost pressure is not wasted or leaked down the waste gate.

Hey guys! you are probably sick of answering questions about this mod, but I just wanted to ask if there is ANY chance that this mod can cause other problems? I have an 02 with 128 thou on the clock and im thinking of doing it. and there are 42 pages on this now so I wont be reading every post to find out lol!
cheers chris

Just do it maggott, the sooner the better, I wish I'd bought mine new and known about it but it's never too late. If you have the 3.0 ltr there's a UK based ebayer that sells a stainless steel blanking plate, cost me around 11 bux delivered to OZ, and nice quality.

Cheers thanks mate! yeah I found the 1 ya talking about on ebay, im about to buy it now! just 1 other question do ya need to make up a gasket for it or gasket goo? or just use the old 1?

Latest posts

Back