2014 navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh fark,my worst nightmare.bitsamissing stuff in a Nissan..
Hope not...bitsammissing is the most unreliable piece of crap to come out of japan...i dont want anything with their crap in it..

my thoughts too, mitsubishi is the one brand i would never buy. The few i know that have ownded them have had nothing but problems, some major like failing motors etc.

we've got a triton ute at work 2yrs old, stuff all k's but stops and starts all day around the site, no issues... apart from looking like a jellybean that is.

Sounds good to me.

Id buy a Triton, D-Max, Colarado space cab over a D40 King Cab anyday of the week.

Mitsubishi being unreliable, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Mitsubishi electric stuff is great quality. I dont think there vehicles are any worse then any other manufacture.

Mitsubishi make some good motors, the 4G63 used in the Evo's is a heaps better motor then the SR20DET. The Nissan FJ20ET is the strongest though.

Whats wrong with the deal ?

Dave.

Whats wrong with the deal ?

One less manufacturer to pick on. Worse, they're getting in bed with our own stuff. That starts gettin' miiiighty personal and all, we want the cows to come home but we don't want 'em sharing our pillows.

Seriously, we had a Mitsubishi Magna and really it wasn't that bad a vehicle. I've owned worse *cough* Volkswagen *cough*.

I wonder what they'll do with the Spanish production? Some D40s are made in Thailand, so it's not just D22s being affected here, but what about the STX Dual Cabs? Be interesting to see what happens there.

Importantly, the Thai-built Navaras have a 3T towing capacity and the Triton has less. Does this mean the Triton is being up-specced, or are the Navaras about to lose some of their capacity?

I have an 05 triton ute which has copped an absolute flogging since new, the thing is basic, rough, was the cheapest brand new ute i could get at the time, has carried 1.5t on quite a few occasions. It is never warmed up, has its oil changed every 15,000km and has been excellent. I'd get another no problems at all.

Saying that, I'm not sure I want to see a Navara/triton mash up lol

well.i dont want to repeat myself again as i said what i know about mitsubishis on another forum.
my bro/inlaw runs an interstate trucking co,and they bought 4 or 5 of these utes for local running around,and after 60/70000 ks they were burning more oil than petrol...almost..
the mitsubishi service guys tried to tell him this was NORMAL that all engines do it...what a joke...
anyway,to keep it short...this trucking co will NEVER buy that brand again..
at the moment they are running holdens without any probs at all...
true story,direct from the horse mouth...

We've got a 2009 Triton in the 'fleet' :)lol:) While it is the full povo pack I can't fault it. The diesel engine goes harder than my D40 did when it was stock. The front seats are also far more comfortable!

Its the shape of the ute I struggle with.

Attachments

• pink-triton-0.3333.JPG
    pink-triton-0.3333.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
+1
It just looks odd to me.

So does a pink Triton mean they could be trying to muscle in on the hair dressing too? Today milk tomorrow latte then next week hair stylists. I'm not sure we can suffer the loss of business.

Nissan need to sort there shit out and stop being ignorant.

Take the D40 range for example, the single cab gets the lowest spec engine. The King Cab, ST and RX get the 128Kw engine and now the STX gets the 140Kw engine and soon there will be a 170Kw V6 diesel.

FFS, Toyota, Mazda, Ford, Mitsubishi all offer there utes with the same power.

The D40 has 2 chassis's, most parts dont fit the other.

If Nissan just made 1 spec of everything and every D40 ran the same power and the option of a V6 engine they might be up there with Toyota in sales.

How many businesses do you see running V6 Hilux's or even the 2.7L ? If you want a Petrol in a D40, you have to spend $50,000.

Wake up Nissan.

Dave.

That's probably true enough a bit of continuity might work better for Nissan, but it seems to me for whatever reason they are happy to keep running the way they have whether it's annoying people or not.

Down here theres always been a Toyota trend in the mines and the power stations, Lux's seem to have been in flavour for years but it appears there is a bit of a change happening of late. Toyota still seems to be beating all other companies but Cruisers and Prado's are becoming very prominent as company cars lately. I don't know if Nissan don't get an offer on the fleet cars or whether they are too expensive but for whatever reason Nissan aren't in the race even with the sedans.

I wonder what they'll do with the Spanish production? Some D40s are made in Thailand, so it's not just D22s being affected here, but what about the STX Dual Cabs? Be interesting to see what happens there.

the stx and new V6 should still be made in spain, so dont be a tight ass and buy up spec :big_smile:

That's probably true enough a bit of continuity might work better for Nissan, but it seems to me for whatever reason they are happy to keep running the way they have whether it's annoying people or not.

Down here theres always been a Toyota trend in the mines and the power stations, Lux's seem to have been in flavour for years but it appears there is a bit of a change happening of late. Toyota still seems to be beating all other companies but Cruisers and Prado's are becoming very prominent as company cars lately. I don't know if Nissan don't get an offer on the fleet cars or whether they are too expensive but for whatever reason Nissan aren't in the race even with the sedans.

Yeah the Mines around here all run Yota's, a mate was telling me the other day that the mine he is at is partly owned by Toyota. So all Toyota's on site.

Just thinking, since Nissan is having trouble selling the CRD ZD30 powered Patrol utes why dont they use the same engine as in the Nissan Civilian bus and put that in the Patrol. Its a Mitsubishi Inline 6 turbo diesel.

Then people might look at it twice.

Dave.

I don't know whether Yota has any stake in the mines down here because it's been Yota world since the power stations were state owned but nothing would really suprise me, someones got to own the place.

A guy I know is currently driving an Alpha Romeo company car but when he gets his next promotion they give him a Jeep so I guess it shows some companies are moving away from the "usual" suspects.

Mitsu are supplying running gear to the Great Wall ute as well, so the Nav may be some type of second cousin to the Great Wall ha ha ha ha

the stx and new V6 should still be made in spain, so dont be a tight ass and buy up spec :big_smile:

My VIN starts with VSK (Spain build). When we selected our Navara, I told the salesman "we want the best one there is" and over $60K later, we got it.

I'm not saying that my ass is loose, but I don't mind spending money when it's worth it.

If my ass DOES get loose, just throw a rope around its neck and tie it to a tree.

Mitsu are supplying running gear to the Great Wall ute as well, so the Nav may be some type of second cousin to the Great Wall ha ha ha ha

Well the current D22 interior and plastics were sourced by Nissan from Great wall. Dont think for a minute it was the other way around. Parked mine next to a current model GW and you may be surprised how much of the current vehicle comes from China.

As for Mitsubishi VS Nissan build quality.....PFFFFT! I am deeply entrenched in the "Never Again" camp of buying a new Nissan! Whilst everybody else is enjoying happy motoring I am flicking matches at it and leave it parked in the drive with the keys in it!

Whilst everybody else is enjoying happy motoring I am flicking matches at it and leave it parked in the drive with the keys in it!

That's the problem, you're making it too easy for them. Invest in some security stickers and make it look like Fort Knox and some idiot will steal it just too see if the can....of course they will probably bring it back and hand you the keys after 5 minutes but if you're quick you might get a call into the insurance company.

Latest posts

Back