2012 D22 - Melbourne

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azzo28

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I picked up my brand new 2012 D22 a couple of weeks ago. I already have a few things in mind for it. I've realised I need a tray liner, so if anyone is selling one please let me know.

Look forward to looking around the forum and hopefully hitting the trails with some of you soon.

Cheers
Matt

Welcome to the forums Matt

Check the For Sale section I don't remember anyone selling them right now and I think most people who want liners use spray on now days so they might be few and far between.

I've looked in to the spray on Rhino lining. I reckon that'll be the go. Has anyone had it done and what is your opinion?

If you are a tradie you should get one otherwise the Nissan tub liner is fine. just make sure it is fitted right. Took them 2 attempts but mine now looks great and when it is worn out I will get another one. The spray liners are for life and they can fade and look like crap after a while. Search YouTube for rhino liners you will see an example of a botched job. That put me off anyway!

I've looked in to the spray on Rhino lining. I reckon that'll be the go. Has anyone had it done and what is your opinion?
Like I said they are the best, they stick on like shit to a blanket and don't let anything underneath to rust the tub.

If you are a tradie you should get one otherwise the Nissan tub liner is fine. just make sure it is fitted right. Took them 2 attempts but mine now looks great and when it is worn out I will get another one. The spray liners are for life and they can fade and look like crap after a while. Search YouTube for rhino liners you will see an example of a botched job. That put me off anyway!

Rhino liners in the states are not the same as over here, the nissan tub liner lets water and dirt under it and rubs the paint off, then you get rust on your tub, not to mention they are very slippery and your tools just slide around in the tub...

dont get a tub liner they hold water underneath and eventually turn to shit, you just spent the coin on a brand new car so spend the money on a good spray on liner..

Sounds like rust proof logic... Are you guys seriously advocating spray on liners at 700 a pop as a way to stop rust in the tray? Nissan put a plastic liner between the plastic tub and your tray and your paint and enamel do the rest. If you are not a tradie hauling tools and tonnes of crap around then you simply do not need a spray on. Any spray on liner will fade over time.

The older D22s have a shorter tray than the new ones so if you get the plastic tubliner make sure its the right size.

Sounds like rust proof logic... Are you guys seriously advocating spray on liners at 700 a pop as a way to stop rust in the tray? Nissan put a plastic liner between the plastic tub and your tray and your paint and enamel do the rest. If you are not a tradie hauling tools and tonnes of crap around then you simply do not need a spray on. Any spray on liner will fade over time.

give it 2 years and you might change your views on tray liners, do it once do it right.

I went with the logic, do it once, do it right. Spray liner done and I am very happy with the results. Also got a tinted bonnet protector (mainly because I think they look good) and a turbo timer. I also have a towbar and tonneau cover ready to install.

Can you put up pics of your spray on, what brand, what did you pay, how even did they do the edges around the lip, did they score the tray first or did they use an adhesive etc

I paid $1170.00 all up. They did a great job. Ill get a pic when I can. Call USA 4X4 in mordialloc. They did the job for me and I'm very happy. There was a couple of bits of masking tape left around the lip. But that's a non issue.

So far I've put a bonnet protector on, soft tonneau cover, tub liner, turbo timer and on tuesday I'll have my xrox bullbar on. My next thing is a snorkel. I am thinking of going through nissan for this. Has anyone had one installed anywhere else that are just as good and competitively priced?

It's been a while since I've posted. I've since put on 4 narva driving lights, a 22 inch led light bar, rear facing led work light on the sports bar, uhf, snorkel, reverse camera and arb rear bar.

Last edited:
Back