2 questions that I have no idea how to answer (obviously)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdog40

Reaction score
I have 2 problems with my 04 d22 at the moment.

1. I have central locking on my car and one day It stopped locking and unlocking yet it still makes the sound. Any ideas on how to fix it?

2. The lights for my air con/heater etc no longer light up when my headlights are on. Very rarely they turn on after I move one of the dials. Would this be a wiring issue or fuse or something else and how would I access the area to fix it?

Thanks heaps

Hey mate, I've got an 04 D22 STR

1. My central locking actuator in the drivers side door plays up as wells. It is the master and the other three doors are slaves. Mine only plays up when it is hot, by that I mean a sunny warm day and the car is in the sun; strange but true. Since the cold weather has come it's been good (touch wood).

First thing, take your door card off, whip the actuator out, take it to Jaycar and they should have one that will match. If not try some parts joints or Autobarn etc. or a wreckers. I think I saw someone on the forum replaced it for $15 if I remember correctly.

2. Common problem with the AC illumination. Take the ash try's out, remove the two screws above the ash trays under one of the lips on the silver dash panel. Get something to pry the panel apart (preferably plastic so as not to damage your dash) and gently start levering from the top corner of the silver panel. Once you have the top out just give the points that have clips on them a yank and it should come out relatively easy.

Find and pull the plug out that has the light for the AC illumination, behind the AC panel should have two wires going to it. Plug it back in and repeat a couple of times to try clean the connection contacts. Jiggle the wires a little and try push them towards the plug in case they are a little loose.

It will probably happen again unfortunately but after that you can usually flick the control levers across and the light will come on. Otherwise some insults and a well placed short swift jab usually do the trick.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks mate I'll have a crack at both of these problems when I'm on holidays next week. Looking forward to it.

Gdog

Back