2" lift kit (best mod yet)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dooey281088

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I know this has already been said about 1000 times but I really cannot believe the difference in driving comfort of the Nav after fitting my lift kit. I decided it was time and finally installed a 2" EFS lift. The kit has no provided a whole new more enjoyable experience and it would be hands down the best modification I have done to date.

The question have for others who have a lift on there Nav is how much difference there is in height between the rear and front if the ute. My local tyre and suspension "pro" believes that 25mm is perfect. In my opinion it looks as though the front is still quite low giving a nose dive appearance. Is it worth winding the torsions up to level it out a little?

Cheers

Depends how much room you have left before you start getting close to your bump stops at the front. Ideally you want to have as much down travel as possible so you can keep traction, if you wind your bars up too far your down travel will be severely compromised. Also if you wind your torsion bars all the way up and you have stock UCAs you may not be able to correctly align your wheels due to them being out of adjustment.

I just did new springs and shocks in my D22 and my measurements from centre of rim to guard is back: 557mm and front: 532mm, I never heard of this sweet spot 25mm difference but that's exactly what mine is. I find this is the best height for my front as I can still get about 40mm down travel. I wound my front up approx 30mm, you also have to remember that your rear also sits super high when fresh springs go in, once they are in for a while they should sag down a bit and eventually should be pretty level with the front, well thats my understanding.

mine are 810mm all round bottom of rim to guard. that is with 2" bodylift so minus 50mm for comparison.
with guard height equal the body still slightly angles toward the front.

before i had new leafs the front was slightly higher then the back and that looked best as it sat perfectly level.

I got my lift done at tjm and I couldn't be happier. 700km since and it has settled. It looked like my front end is lower than the rear but it has settled and looks better. He wound up my torsion bars when it was installed and it drives so well. I also really like the ride height and now I have more room for bigger tires :)

Latest posts

Back