$1200 rear bar... I think not

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shan_b

Reaction score
So on teh weekend I went deer hunting/4b'ing and between a rock and I we decided to 'remodel' my back bumper on my 5 week old 2012 ST-R..

Its not to bad as i have bent the bracket under the bumper, not the bumper itself. I'm assuming I can get it pressed out, probably for a couple hundred dollars. But I can see this happening again and thought, maybe I pull together the coin and buy a rear step.

ARB would like $1120...

I think of myself as prety good with a set of tools and electrics so I don't mind doin the indtall myself.

anyone know of some cheaper options regardin rear bars?

Talk to scotty, there is a thread titled "Scotty's Sliders". Hes making them for the D22. Would be cheaper than buying from Aussie Ripoff Bastards

TJM are very strong and look good and have a tow bar incoperated into them and have better ground clearance for around $800

Bar.jpg

Last edited:
$800 isn't a bad price. I would buy that or the mcc ones from Victoria, Mcc looks better IMO

I have offroad boss sliders on my Nav and they are a quality bit of kit. Not sure i'm sold on the look of their rear bar though I think i prefer the TJM bar.

Does anyone know if the TJM bars are fitting the newer D22's yet or is it still only for the pre 2009 models.

If only the TJM
Could be lifted with a body lift without major mods

Im gonna hopefully get time to make my rear bar this arvo. have to make my own as ive used a dx towbar on my str to gain an extra 80mm clearance. if my calculations are right should cost me $66 +consumables (paint welder gas grinding disk) :D

I have offroad boss sliders on my Nav and they are a quality bit of kit. Not sure i'm sold on the look of their rear bar though I think i prefer the TJM bar.

Does anyone know if the TJM bars are fitting the newer D22's yet or is it still only for the pre 2009 models.

last i heard was still only the pre 09 which is a pita surely it can't be that hard to just make the brackets a bit longer for the longer tray...

i have scottys rear bar and sliders on my d22
you wont get a stronger product off the shelf
i was involved in the build process with scott for my bar work
the quality of work and material used is 2nd to none
there are plenty of forum members with his barwork

IMAG0012-1.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back