1000 km check up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eie 111

Reaction score
Hi everybody...just got my new navara 4x4 A/T last Nov.5,2010 at Nissan North Edsa. Im glad that there is a forum ,club, like this one which will be helpful for navara owners. My dear friends, i just want to ask about the 1000km check up, and what did the casa do? I noticed from the owners manual booklet that there is no oil change that will be perform in this stage. Instead, change oil will be done at 5000 kms.

I am not a casa goer...i previously own a nissan frontier 4x2 E, m/t that went to 259T kms without a single trouble and is now owned by a friend of mine and this previous pick up never went to a casa except it is my friends shop who does the maintenance.
Now what i have in mind is i dont intend to visit the casa,(hassle, time consuming,expensive,mechanics are neophytes)instead, my mechanic will just do the adjustment of valve clearance if necessary, and do i have to change oil at 1000 kms or 5000kms? How many liters did you guys need,manual says 6.9 liters?

Thank you very much and hope to receive replies from you guys. and hope to see you in your future EB..

The 1000K is nothing more than a check to make sure nothing has fallen off that should have stayed on, they will do it in about 20 mins and they should give you a clean bill of health. However it's also for you to tell them if there is any thing that you know has fallen off. Don't ever for a second believe that just because you noticed a farting noise in 3rd gear that Nissan will also notice this.

No matter how minor you think they are if there is any problems with your ute write them down and hand them to the service department and make sure you tick them off when the ute comes back because it's easier to do at the 1000k bonnet lift than later on.

Welcome to the forum!

As above, it's a general check, particularly of things that can go wrong, like fluid levels, wheel nuts and stuff like that.

It's also free. Enjoy THAT while it lasts, coz the next ones aren't.

Latest posts

Back