05+ Hilux Buds customs SAS - D40 Next...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh matt d22's don't have abs. I would be keen to get a price on sasn mine?? I think the 3ltr gu gear box bolts straight onto the d22 zd30. So this would mean u could u the gu diffs yeh? Would be this be easier then building new diff housing?

Hmmm I really should learn to keep my mouth shut, never have before so I guess I’m done for. I’m new here but what type of idiot would spend the best part of $50k on a D40 more for Toymota and then do this to it? If you need that sort of go hard gear wouldn’t you be better off with something older? Just my 2c worth.

Hmmm I really should learn to keep my mouth shut, never have before so I guess I’m done for. I’m new here but what type of idiot would spend the best part of $50k on a D40 more for Toymota and then do this to it? If you need that sort of go hard gear wouldn’t you be better off with something older? Just my 2c worth.

Welcome Qlander. You are not the first person who has said that to me and your point is quite valid!! However, its about being different; the idea of having a modern comfortable dual cab ute that can truly articulate is attractive.

That said, I am unable to find anyone in SA prepared to do such a radical mod to a D40 and as for an engineer prepared to sign it off... don't even ask!

Oh well dreams are free.

BH

the idea of having a modern comfortable dual cab ute that can truly articulate is attractive.

BH

Yes it will articulate, but your ramp over ability will still be limited to this.

Attachments

• speed bump.jpg
    speed bump.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 106
Yes it will articulate, but your ramp over ability will still be limited to this.

Could hear Jase from miles away with the "screeeacgh" belly dragging everywhere. Confidence inspiring when following him though because if he got through then I knew I had at least 40mm more clearance :sarcastic:

Could hear Jase from miles away with the "screeeacgh" belly dragging everywhere. Confidence inspiring when following him though because if he got through then I knew I had at least 40mm more clearance :sarcastic:

Yeah, and that was with 65mm of lift.:sad:

Just ordered 3" EFS springs and Bilsteins for the Pootrol.:big_smile:

Dont know the exact details of how or what but got a quote of $22k for solid front end and coil over rear for the D22. Thats engineered and drive away here in Vic.
Definitely dont see the value in it on a new vehicle that already owes $35k+ but for someone picking up a roughy then it would be.

Yeh matt d22's don't have abs. I would be keen to get a price on sasn mine?? I think the 3ltr gu gear box bolts straight onto the d22 zd30. So this would mean u could u the gu diffs yeh? Would be this be easier then building new diff housing?

It doesnt just bolt straight up

Back