05+ Hilux Buds customs SAS - D40 Next...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really, that s#$%house.

What is the stock ratio?

Any difference between V6 and Diesel diff ratio's?

What about US trucks... I wonder if the diff centers are the same in the Titans or Armada's?

Might have to make custom rear diff housing as well and run LC80, GQ or GU centers all round.

Cheers
Matt

Titans are different, if i remember correctly, guys in the states put the titan front diff in for the bigger centre/locker but are still limited by ratio choices.

wouldnt be more profitable to do a D22 kit first?...alot more of them around and less hairdressers drive them

.... not that it affects me :big_smile:

I agree with Joshy, You would be better of making a D22 kit.

Do you have an Engineer in Victoria who will sign off on the mods? At a guess a lane change test would be needed.

Nice write up matty, kit looks the goods, can't wait to see your truck when its done, will look the part hanging out in Eastern Subs Sydney:wink:

I jest, but you gotta get it dirty one day!

How about a group buy for 10 of em?

Happy to donate my D22 if you want to do a pilot program. You can have it for as long as you need it... Do you think it will affect my factory warranty? lol

Me too, either the King cab or the new one if I get it.

Defo want the 4link rear though, no point doing half a job!

Will look pretty bogan turning up on site with it though

Nice one Cam.

Lets have a chat early in the New Year and see if we can work something out.

One question I have is regarding diff ratio options for the D40's.

What's available?

Cheers
Matt

No probs Matt,

Will give you a call soon to touch base.

By the way ran into a guy at a tyre shop today who apparently has his 97 hilux that you ar SASing at the moment + doing some other work on his truck. He couldn't commend you enogh on how good you work is.

Cheers
Cam

They cost another $16k on top of the diffs don't they? Pretty sure it said that on marks 4wd adapters page, trade in old diff for new diff with portals, correct me if I have my wires crossed...

Last edited:
wouldn't you just replace both ends with GU diffs :D

Potentially.

Some issues to consider... to which I'm not sure of the answers.

1. What side drop is the transfer case on the D40... does it match the GU diff?

2. What width is the GU diff? How does that mate up with the width needed to suit the D40?

All will be revealed in good time boys... as for the request to do a D22?
We are up for that... for sure.

Will all depend on who wants to step up first for the surgery!

Cheers
Matt

Potentially.

2. What width is the GU diff? How does that mate up with the width needed to suit the D40?

Cheers
Matt

Transfercase won't match a GU diff. GU is a wider track, so a cut a shut may be possible.

Potentially.

Cheers
Matt

Patrol transfer drop is drivers side, D22 and D40 are passenger side. But Buds makes his own housings now doesnt he? so easy enough to run a "flipped" diff with Gu internals. As for width its close on my D22 so id imagine with the d40 it would either be right on the money or only require a slightly different offset rim.

Potentially.

Cheers
Matt

So what price are we looking at if I was to donate my D22 for the first surgery.

So what price are we looking at if I was to donate my D22 for the first surgery.

CAM500 said:
Hey Scotty, I had my hand up first to donate my D40!

Thems fight'n words!

Thnaks for the feedback and info... very good if the width of GU is similar to that of D22 and hopefully D40.

Plenty to do first before we consider these SAS's boys... now that we have some serious interest there are some major issues to over come.

Mainly ABS.

Question:
Does anyone on here have access to Nissan schematic diagrams/part number brealdowns on:
GU
D22
D40

We need to work out if there are any similarities between the ABS systems on these vehicles.
We got lucky on the Hilux, as it had same parts on the 80/105 Series as the Hilux so the ABS worked.

So if anyone can help with access to databases, part numbers, schematic drawings of the ABS systems etc it would be really appreciated.

This is an example of what we got for Toyota's... individual part numbers and good diagrams of how things work:

Example.jpg

If older D22's don't have ABS then that will be a lot easier, and is a pretty straight forward conversion.
I'm guessing all D40's would have ABS? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers
Matty

I know my D40 has ABS and the manual (which is for a 2005 D40 and that was the first in the D40 range) also describes ABS, so I'm guessing it's ABS all the way for D40s.

The ABS sensors on our D40s are out on the wheels. The sensor rotor is part of the wheel hub itself and is not removable (according to the manual, but we all know what a 2.1 metre ex-wrestler armed with a 20kg sledgehammer and a cold chisel is capable of).

If you're going to use the original hubs, you will probably have to engineer something which means you may be able to use the original ABS gear too.

The manual may have part numbers in it but if it does they're hidden away, probably behind the cookie tin.

Back