04 d22 zd30 motor tapping/raddled sound

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav.22

Reaction score
Hi would any body be able to help me out with my babe have a crazy raddled tapping sound looked over and can not find any think has any body had experience I do need to get the front main seal replaced would have that caused it ?

Have you checked the oil level? As silly as it sounds it is one thing that gets overlooked by a lot of people. If it's ok, is the noise occurring when the motor is hot/cold? How many k's on the car?
Cheers Deano

I did check it and it was about half way so I riped get up and I think it's only when hot it has 270km on the old girl only just started up it is due for a service but it sound really loud trying to upload a vid but it's not letting me

Did it get any better after you topped up the oil? Without being able to hear it I'd be taking a guess which isn't fair on you because it may put you on a bum steer and that's not cool. Where are you located? Might be able to meet you somewhere and get a bit better idea of what's going on
Cheers Deano

I'm from wagga nsw yeah I'm trying to upload it but it isn't letting me na it didn't really change any think it only happens every now and again might go for a minute then stop then start up again it happens on idle and acceleration sounds like a loud dap like something's hitting medal or a lose nut but can not find any think

I'm from wagga nsw yeah I'm trying to upload it but it isn't letting me na it didn't really change any think it only happens every now and again might go for a minute then stop then start up again it happens on idle and acceleration sounds like a loud dap like something's hitting medal or a lose nut but can not find any think

Ah little bit far away lol just hoping for your sake it's not the timing chain rattling about

Yep it's the timing chain the bloke told me 3500 to replace only a days work

Damn that sucks, should maybe consider getting the double row chain conversion kit, he'll of a lot stronger and more reliable than standard

Very unusual to hear of timing chain failures in the zd30. Unlike the yd25, they aren't known for it. Is there even a duplex kit available for the 3L?

I had a strange sound coming from mine 03 zd30, intermittently turned out to be the alternator pulley. Similar symptom to what you describe, Worth a look anyway.

Very unusual to hear of timing chain failures in the zd30. Unlike the yd25, they aren't known for it. Is there even a duplex kit available for the 3L?

Sorry my mistake as far as I know the dual timing chain kit is only for the yd25. Didn't read it properly

Yeah well the bloke said to get a duel chain but I went to another and he said the zd30 nav are good the yd are the shit ones so he said bring it in and I'll have a look so hopefully it's only the pulley but it does sound like a chain slipping it's worse today a lot louder comes and goes still but I'll see what they say tomorrow and let use all know

Well it turns out all it was the tension pulley and the bearings for the belt nothing to worry about the zd30 supposedly do not have timing chains ? But not as bad as first thought

Well it turns out all it was the tension pulley and the bearings for the belt nothing to worry about the zd30 supposedly do not have timing chains ? But not as bad as first thought

Not sure who told you the zd30 doesn't have a timing chain- they most certainly do!
Glad to hear it was a simple fix and not a major problem- good news!

Cheers

Ow they do fair enough do they have much problems ? Yeah me too not fixed yet but the mechanic said his 90% sure that's it so hopefully that's all

Ow they do fair enough do they have much problems ? Yeah me too not fixed yet but the mechanic said his 90% sure that's it so hopefully that's all

From what I've seen & heard, reports of timing chain failures in the zd30 are few and far between. That's why I was surprised at the original diagnosis. Hope yours is all good.
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back