ZD30 loses it's push at speed.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortho91

Reaction score
Hi all I have an 06 D22 with 90k on it and it seems sluggish at speed. It has plenty of power from first till third though once you get above that it seems to lose it's push. The fastest it will go is 125 or so on a flat straight. I'm not expecting the world of a zd30 however I thought it might push a little harder. It has a few mods done - 3" exhaust, gen snork, forefr prefilter bypass, new air filter, Steinbauer chip, EGR block, swirl valve mod. It pulls 15 psi around 2800rpm. Have found when flat in fifth the EGT reads approx 550(fitted pre turbo). Any thoughts from people with more experience with these engines would be really appreciated.

Mines similiar to yours and will do 160kmh on a longer enough stretch of road. I'll easily get 710c preturbo so it could be a lack of fuel, but lack of power in 4th and 5th is a sympton of a dodgy nuetral position switch.

Thanks for the reply mate I'd been wondering that one the heat switch cycles through all gears as it's meant to I haven't heard of the proper way of testing them though. I'll look through the threads and check it out.

While driving push the gear lever across to the left and hold it there, otherwise get under the car and you'll see 3 different switches on top of the gearbox on the drivers side. The n.p.s should be the middle on, just seperate the plug. Leaving it unplugged isn't a problem.

Just went for a late night run, found even with the nps unplugged it got to 125 and spent the next km getting to 130 with EGT at 500. Decided to test the chip and shorted out the null wire (stopping it from working) got to 110 and held it for another half km with EGT at 410. Really thinking I have a fuelling issue as the EGT would be getting high if it was lacking air. Do the pumps run a supply pressure I can measure and if so what sort of pressure should I be getting?

I haven't found anything on checking the pump pressures but you would probably have to remove an injection line and fit a gauge. Try putting a piece of clear line on the outlet of the fuel filter and look for bubbles, it's a known problem.

5"hg restriction at fuel pump inlet with a constant stream of air bubbles. I'd say that's going to be my problem.

Latest posts

Back