zd30 egt temps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vk84

Reaction score
gday all!
got a 2006 str, egr and swirl pot mod, catch can, standard exhaust with hollow cat, connected my egt gauge and boost today, boost is 15psi and egt around town is around the 200 mark, up a hill it got to 280.. do these figures seem ok? my probe is in the dump pipe, just want to clarify the egt is reading correctly?

cheers in advance!

how hard where pushing it up hill? if over 3k rpm and full noise its reading cold.

Mine sits on 250 or so at those revs in 4th.

I've been as high as 600 hammering it on the highway.

Doing 110k it reads about 330.

probe in dump pipe, typically 200-250c on a reasonable flat at 100km/h. that does depend a bit on load, tires etc.

cool today on a flat road i was doing 110ish and it was reading between 210-240 so that fine? that with no weight in it

Can someone with a beaudesert exhaust and egt probe confirm the dump pipe probe thread on thier dump pipe is a 1/8 NPT thread. I'm gonna be ordering a probe and want to get the correct thread. thanks! If not what is the correct thread?

Last edited:
Al
the pre drilled hole in a beaudesert exhaust is NOT 1/8npt.
I THINK it is 1/4npt from memory but i do know that i needed to get an adapter for mine to fit.

yeah thanks, i shot a email off to them to confirm and yes its ¼” BSP thanks Bryce

Well first time on the sand since i put the chip on. Was on North Straddie this christmas and i was hitting 680-700 a couple of times with it often over 550 when i hit the soft sand and it made it bog down and labour the motor. I just had to drop it a gear to lower the temps.Chip is on max and i've since dropped it back to the default of about 70% it shipped as. Probe is in the dump pipe, beaudesert exhaust. Must say it boogies with the chip maxed out though. On the h'way and round town i'll rarely see much over 450 till i hit a hill.

Oh yeah and the few times i was in 4wd , the lokka cause no issues what so ever in the sand.

@ tweake' - so where is the best spot to put the probe (& what is a reasonable probe gauge package to buy)?

pre turbo is best. mines in the 3" dump pipe simply because there is a bung welded in already.

reasonable gauge.....http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_26&products_id=231 is highly recommended.
i have one in my other 4x4. cost the same as most cheap gauges but its far easier to read, goes down to 0 degrees (one of my other ones only goes down to 200c so most of the time it read bugger all) and has min/max temp recall which none of the my other egt gauges have.

Latest posts

Back