You guessed it!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navaraman

Reaction score
G'day Guys. Recently bought a 2006 3.0td STR, D22 Navara with 90000km on the clock.
I'd hate to state the obvious..... but guess what.... I'm new to this! who'd have thought since I'm posting in the new members area.

While I'm here I have read up and tried to undertake the EGR mod, only thing is I'm a tad confused regarding the swirl valve shut off, can anyone shed some light what I need to do, have read the thread and can't quite grasp if its necessary or what exactly to do??

Welcome to the forum mate,
I'll be doin the EGR mod in the next few weeks, was it easy to do???

Cheers Guys!

the EGR mod is a basic exercise, it took me 45 minutes and that included making up the blanking plate. there is a thread on it. You don't need any extra hoses or T's, what is there can be redirected/ modified to complete the job. the only issue I have is shutting of/ disconnecting?? the swirl control valve, haven't been able to figure it out from the thread (either that or I'm dumber than I thought...).

Cheers navaraman.. I'm not mechanically minded so I was worried about doin this mod but I'll get it ago and see what happens

Hi navaraman,

im new to the forum too, im looking to purchase a navara quite soon.

it seem like there are a great bunch of guys on this forum!

good luck, adam

cyc10 - there's not much that can go wrong with this mod as long as you follow the advice in the thread the only thing to be careful of is that the hoses coming off the solenoids would most probably be hard to get off, I found that with a medium screw driver (being extremely careful) you can pry the hose and break the seal, then the hose will slip off easily. I cut one of the longer hoses shorter (again be careful not to cut it too short) and looped it on the EGR solenoid so that if I was to change it back it wasn't filled with dirt etc.

If you do this and you find the hoses hard to put back on t the solenoid, sit the ends in boiling water so that they will be pliable.

Hey Adam congrats on joining the forum, I've been looking around here for the last month, there is a heap of useful tips and advice.

Let me know how you go with your purchase of the navara, what are you looking at?

Cheers
NM

Back