Yet another new Navara owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stepho_62

Reaction score
G'day All,

Took delivery of a 2008 D22 Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4x4 with 57,000 k on the clock at 6 last night.

So I'm after recommendations for the following;

1. Bull Bar
  2. Suspension Lift Kit
  3. Snorkel

Also any issues etc that i should go looking for that are common to these vehicles. I already know about the clutch.

I have a "chaffeing" sound in the front of the engine somewhere which I didn't hear when I first drove it. Sounds to me like a belt, idler or such at the moment. I'll investigate this arve.

Look forward to positive contributions.

Cheers, A:wash_truck:

Welcome Stepho congrats on the purchase.

I'm sure you'll find many different recommendations for bits and pieces with a little searching, most of the leading brands have been used, spoken about or canned over the time. there is even some contributions by manufacturers or resellers so have a go searching your specific topics and see what you come up with

welcome stepho.

congrats on ur purchase good cars and u will have fun modding it the way you want. to me they are an awesome starting plant to work on and there is heaps u can do.

1. Bullbars - winch or not to winch? the genuine steel has a good reputation and any arb tjm woud do the job aswell. Remember the arb bar is the same as the genuine steel!

2. Plenty of info on suspension stuff in the suspension, steering sectionof the d22 part. If i could recommend someone i would talk to Zordo on this forum as he does alot of suspension stuff and will give you the best advise. i have EFS kit installed and def happy with it

3. Snorkel - stick to genuine people are having trouble fitting aftermarket snorkels ie. safari to there navaras when having a dual battery system. You may not have a dual battery system or not want one so an aftermarket jobbie will do the job. also save a few $$$ hard earned cash and install yourself. :)

welcome again and enjoy looking around. plenty to see and ask wateva questions u need ot. someone will answer them

Rusty

Shit I really need to stop glancing and fully read.

I went off the clutch comment.

Anyways.

Good luck.

stepho - this is your new home:
D22 - The Navara Forum

bar - alloys are lighter but 'softer'. Most alloys won't hold a winch. Depends what you want it for
suspension - dobinson, blisten, EFS and the other 3-letter brands are common. I'd pick one of the first 3. If u r in SE Qld, then yup - see Zordo. Good Bloke.
snorkles - wil prob depend on which you like the look of :) good installation is the key

Have a good search thru here and you'll find info on most brads under each heading. Enjoy matey and welcome to the world of having no money after doing up for Nav!

Sme Again

Guys,

Thanks very much for your responses. Despite the board telling me I'm subscribed to this thread I've never received an email telling me of your responses to that's why I haven't been back.

I've got a much bigger problem at the minute as I'm doing battle with the dealer over my warranty claim.

57,000K n there is something seriously ill in the camchain/fuel pump neck o the woods.

I wait with baited breath.

Yippee, they fixed it, or are fixing it anyway

:dancing1:

Woo Hoo, as we speak the D22 is at the dealers getting the Camshafts drive train re built. Cant wait to see what I get back. :cheers!:

Latest posts

Back