wobble at certain speeds

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uniden

Reaction score
hi gents. got some dynamica wheels slapped on monday,from standard nav rims. since then, at around 95-105 km/h range, the car begins to wobble. its as if the wheels suddenly become slightly egg-shaped. but not noticable at any speeds below, haven't tried above 105 as it became concerning. the other thing i also noticed is a shallow howling coming from somewhere whithin the drive-train. can only hear it while im below 10km/h on my way to slow down/stop.

while they were fitting the rims, i also asked them to crank up my torsion bars a tad more and they reckon they got 10mm out of the front.
they had a look and found nothing out of the ordinary, and for the howling they seem to reckon that im noticing that since steel rims transfer a lot more sound from road to the car, rather then standard alloys...
what could i be looking at ? i went for the 16*8 rims, and re-used my existing tyres km2's.
any ideas would be appreciated.

hi gents. got some dynamica wheels slapped on monday,from standard nav rims. since then, at around 95-105 km/h range, the car begins to wobble. its as if the wheels suddenly become slightly egg-shaped. but not noticable at any speeds below, haven't tried above 105 as it became concerning. the other thing i also noticed is a shallow howling coming from somewhere whithin the drive-train. can only hear it while im below 10km/h on my way to slow down/stop.

while they were fitting the rims, i also asked them to crank up my torsion bars a tad more and they reckon they got 10mm out of the front.
they had a look and found nothing out of the ordinary, and for the howling they seem to reckon that im noticing that since steel rims transfer a lot more sound from road to the car, rather then standard alloys...
what could i be looking at ? i went for the 16*8 rims, and re-used my existing tyres km2's.
any ideas would be appreciated.

Wheels out of balance.

Thanks mate, for some reason I thought out of balance wheels would show more at slower speeds and stabilize as speed increases.
Would the howling sound have anything to do with it or is it more likely t be hubs or wheel bearings as it started after rims fitted
Cheers

did thy do a wheel allinement after winding up the torsion bars? might be outta wack if the didnt and that could be the howling noise

thanks for suggestions. i checked tyre pressures and maintain them regulary tried lower and higher and didn't change anything. they didn't re-align anything after fitting wheels and torsion adjustment. i'm just unsure why the howling noise then ? toe in/out no good?
my UCAs arrived and after i get them in they can do the whole lot.

Latest posts

Back