Winch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacb_

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im looking to buy a winch that is not to expensive, im not really sure what kind of winch i want need for getting out of boggy sand and stuff like that but i found one on enay that looks alright but is only 4000lbs, would this get me out of being bogged? Here is a photo of the details and stuff please reply with reccomendations and if you know any better brands that arent too expensive

Kind Regards Zac

Attachments

• image-640142424.jpg
    image-640142424.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 79
It wot bolt up to the bar normally due to different size pattern for
Mounts. I'd also hazard a guess at not a long rope on it either??

i wouldn't touch it. 4000lb isn't far off 2000kg. i think you'll find your d22 weighs almost that with nothing in it. you need at least 9000lb, which is around 4500kg. you need to think of the extra force you will need to pull the car out if sand. supercheap occasionally have winches on sale fairly cheap, just keep an eye out for them if you want a cheapish one

Last edited:
I have a 8500lb on mine and is stron enough, wouldn't go under that thou, stay away from tigerz11, absolute shit and no warranty support

yeah fair call, i wouldn't be going under that though. i forgot a few of the warns are 8500lb. i got a 12000lb supercheap one for mine. i like having the extra capacity in case you are stuck towing something and need to get the whole lot out...

Im running a supercheap Rydge Ryder 9500lb winch i picked up for $350. on sale at supercheap. All i have done is run more heavy duty power cables for it as i needed to extend the cables anyway to mount the control box were i wanted it, it has been brilliant, it can do a straight pull but if your doing some heavy work prob best to double the line with a snatch block. I also put a dyneema rope on it i scored cheap on ebay in a late nite auction saving weight ect. all up it owes me $450. and has saved me more times then i care to admit! I see they are trying to flog em for 700 bucks these days, wait untill there on special otherwise your better off with a tigerz11 or something!

I dont really know much about fourwheel driving and stuff but when i bought my car, it came with a bullbar which is winch compatible, do all winches have different sizes to fit the bullbar or not?

No mate, the mounting patterns are the same for all of them, generally speaking. Is it a standard Nissan steel bar? If it is a winch will bolt straight in, then you just need to wire it up

Latest posts

Back