Winch not working?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddkid82

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a problem with my winch.

Went to give it a test before I hit the tracks and found that it only winds in and not out, the funny thing is that when I push the out button I can hear the solenoid clicking.
What could the problem be?
Any help would be great

Had this happen to my shitty tigerz11 winch except it would wind out not in, never figured out why (guess its a solenoid) just bought a decent one, does it free spool?

Had this happen to my shitty tigerz11 winch except it would wind out not in, never figured out why (guess its a solenoid) just bought a decent one, does it free spool?

Not sure yet. Haven't got the car at the moment (getting a new HD clutch put in). Going to pull it out on the weekend to have a look.
But need some ideas on where to start

at least it still pulls in, pretty much what you need.

hey scooba, i would have pulled the rope out and wound it on the other way. see how long it lasted. not ideal but you don't really need it to winch outwards.
what was the story with your winch? did you try a different solenoid get anyone to have a proper look at it?

It's most likely the solenoids. If it pulls in one direction and not the other, you know the motor's working and primary power makes it to the control box.

Check the connections to the winch to make sure all the heavy cables are firmly connected. You might want to undo them and make sure the surfaces haven't corroded, then do them back up firmly and test again.

If it still doesn't work, it's the control box.

It's most likely the solenoids. If it pulls in one direction and not the other, you know the motor's working and primary power makes it to the control box.

Check the connections to the winch to make sure all the heavy cables are firmly connected. You might want to undo them and make sure the surfaces haven't corroded, then do them back up firmly and test again.

If it still doesn't work, it's the control box.

Thanks for that. I will give it a go on fri after work.

Latest posts

Back