Willal Exhaust and Tune

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a different problem with mine.
I plugged mine in and the engine wouldn't even start it just kept turning over.

I sent Martin an email and he came straight back to me saying they had just realised there is an issue with screws that had hold the end on the unit being to long and stopping the plug seating properly. He said to chop the screws down so only a couple of threads are left which will mean the plug will then seat correctly.
Although mine didn't start at all he said others had, had issues of engine rattle because of it.
On inspection I see that the plug is sitting proud when the screws are tight and if you loosen the screws you can push the plug in further, so I'll shorten them and give it go tomorrow and report back on how it goes.

And he has also offered to send me the unit off his own personal NP300 if I can't get mine to work so I have to say I'm impressed with the response and service I've received so far.

Last edited:
I had a different problem with mine.
I plugged mine in and the engine wouldn't even start it just kept turning over.

I sent Martin an email and he came straight back to me saying they had just realised there is an issue with screws that had hold the end on the unit being to long and stopping the plug seating properly. He said to chop the screws down so only a couple of threads are left which will mean the plug will then seat correctly.
Although mine didn't start at all he said others had, had issues of engine rattle because of it.
On inspection I see that the plug is sitting proud when the screws are tight and if you loosen the screws you can push the plug in further, so I'll shorten them and give it go tomorrow and report back on how it goes.

And he has also offered to send me the unit off his own personal NP300 if I can't get mine to work so I have to say I'm impressed with the response and service I've received so far.

Yes Martin is very helpful. I had that problem original, so I chopped the screws down to make plug fit flush. Plugged it in. It ran fine for about 2 minutes then started making a terrible knocking noise. Let me know how yours goes.

Yeah, as I mentioned before, I have NEVER been a fan of 'piggy back' modules, or modules that trick the car to do things.

Best way is an ECU flash tune which edits the original computer programming so everything runs like factory.. only better, and no tricks.

Right so after modifying the screws so that the plug was held in tight I seem to of had success.
No thumping noises or anything that sounds knocking.

There is slightly more injector rattle (although I could be imagining that or because the covers were still off) under light load.

The power doesn't feel any different under light load or when you give it full acceleration until the second turbo kicks in and then it jumps to life and pulls like school boy.

Unfortunately I was a bit pressed for time so only got 4 passes up and down the street (about 1.5km each way) and couldn't really stretch it's legs as it's a 50kph zone and the cops love popping by unexpectedly. But it flies up to 80 in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:
After what i experienced just not comfortable using it.
Spoke to willall today they said they have sold plenty with no problems but admit they may have a fault with a few that got out but they can't say with customers got the faulty ones.
They are now offering to test on their own NP300 before sending it out.
I declined and went with the refund.
Will monitor how the others are going may change my mind.
Would like to see a waterproof housing and connector.

Very interesting to hear all of this. I think my money will go towards Lift, Wheels & Tyres for now.

Once they have released a suitable S/S Snorkel, ECU Dyno Tune and DPF Removed Exhaust I'll go down that path...

I've seen on fb a company make a ss snorkle & airbox. AAA fabrication...or something like that.

Exhaust is fitted. Havent got around to doing the chip yet.
20151211_115518.jpg
20151211_115405.jpg

Has anyone done a simple Muffler Delete from the standard system?
I was at a fabricator on the weekend measuring up some Rick Sliders and he said he could knock out the rear muffler easily.

Has anyone done a simple Muffler Delete from the standard system?
I was at a fabricator on the weekend measuring up some Rick Sliders and he said he could knock out the rear muffler easily.

I don't think you would gain anything, except a lighter hip pocket.

I know there won't be a power gain but I'm talking a bit more Noise.
The muffler is there to restrict noise so in theory it should open it up a bit.
I did it in my ranger and it made it slightly throatier.

Price difference mate. Will cost me bugger all to delete the muffler.
I'd rather put the extra coin towards a lift at the moment.

I'll wait and get a full Exhaust, Intake and Tune down the track.

Latest posts

Back