Will I get a RWC with 33's?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MACD22

Reaction score
HI,

does anyone know if ill be able to get a RWC with 285/75R16 tyres on my08 D22?

the tyres are inside the guards

it depends where you go and if you know any body that doesw roadys.Some will let it through and others are ANAL.Legally you shouldn't but most mechanics just look at how much tread is on them.They will let you know anyway and if they dont pass it just borrow some wheels for a day

thanks for the idea,

so are they really illegal even though their not that much bigger than 265/70R16 what came standard.

the only problem with changing the wheels for the rwc is that im getting the rwc bacause im selling the car.

Ah OK that might be a problem.33's are illegal on Navaras.See what they say and tell the potential buyer about the tyre size and that if it fails due to tyres you will supply a RWC but it doesnt cover the tyres.

OK, so they only picked the tyres !!!

So please IM me if u have any 265/70R16 tyres that are road worthy, that i can get my hands on in the next 5 days

When I got my RW the guy told me "lets not fuck each other around here, even though those tyres are 2inch bigger in diameter than is legal I know you will just come back with some smaller tyres you borrowed off a mate for the day then put the big ones back on, so I will just pass it for you anyway" he was more interested in the $60 for 5mins of work though I think...

he then also told me that the local QLD transport inspectors don't really care what tyres people have and just pass anything as long as it has tread.

When I got my RW the guy told me "lets not fuck each other around here, even though those tyres are 2inch bigger in diameter than is legal I know you will just come back with some smaller tyres you borrowed off a mate for the day then put the big ones back on, so I will just pass it for you anyway" he was more interested in the $60 for 5mins of work though I think...

Sounds like he should be an engineer, not a mechanic! :idea: :idea: :idea:

They didn't end up saying anything about my 33's when the guy actually did the RWC, but he did manage to see that up on a hoist the control arms rest against the shocks, lucky when I took it back for a second check I got a different guy and he didn't put it up on the hoist :)

Amd the Mechanic swoar to me that 33's were legal, what an idiot, he said if there is clearance in the guard and they don't hit anything its fine....

And the Mechanic swoar to me that 33's were legal, what an idiot, he said if there is clearance in the guard and they don't hit anything its fine....

Latest posts

Back