Which Optima Red Top?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryzan

Reaction score
Anyone here running a red top optima? Don't need the deep cycle ability of the yellow top. I can't find any recommendations on their website though?

It'll make for a near unkillable cranker. I've got a D31A yellowtop and it just won't die.

Spiral wounds are a little larger than normal - I guess it's unavoidable given the construction method. I haven't tried sitting the D31A under the bonnet, but it's a 900CCA and I've got a Century 910CCA in my engine bay - so haven't had a need to try. I have to admit the Century fits with just a couple of mm to spare - it wouldn't want to be any bigger.

Only thing with the 34 is the terminals are a little bit inset from the edge of the battery so may have some issues getting the std positive terminal to fit since it has the fuse block built into it.

I can't find the terminal extension either, I've seen one in the past ... that makes the 75/25 the one to get.

Of course, getting the more expensive D31A not only gives you the terminal clearance but goes up from 720CCA to 900CCA with an increase in AH from 50 to 75.

And I can personally vouch for how unkillable that D31A is. Mine is now 3 years old and just can't be broken.

Latest posts

Back