Which Navara?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorro

Reaction score
Hi all im new to this forum and new to becoming a owner of a navara.

I recently had a 06 XR8 Ute which was my pride and joy until some pr..k stole it and the vehicle was written off.

So now im after a Nav. Can anyone please give me some advice. Im lookink at the 06 D22 3ltr turbo diesel which i can find for around the 25grand mark with around 60-70,000km.

Or since im an ABN holder should i just go out and buy the new 2.5ltr Nav for 31grand.

Your help pros and cons will be great.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

New cars with a warranty are nice to have. The new 2.5L D22 has around the same power and fuel economy as the older car, but the new one has an intercooler which the older one may not - and that's important because if the turbo's been mistreated, you don't know how long before it lets go and without an intercooler, the bits land inside your engine and it's all over.

So my advice would be to go for new. You get to make sure you've let the turbo cool enough before shutting the engine down. You get to make sure you haven't flogged the diffs & gearbox and then stuffed some additive in to make it seem good for the sale. You get to make sure it doesn't get driven on a firm surface in 4WD mode causing unseen damage to the transfer case/chain.

And you get that nice new car smell for a little while.

You should be able to haggle down to atleast 29800 or 29600. For that price new all the way imo

Another advantage of the later 2.5 D22 is that the tub is 100mm longer which gives a bit more space in the back when touring.

Last edited:
And some 2.5's are known to throw rods through the block. The navara zd30 is pretty safe If you take care of it.

I was only thinking that as I read his post.

I am happy with my ZD30, but for the money. A brand newy would be the way to go.

ZD30 injectors are $190 each, YD25CRD injectors are $590-$1000 each.

i was looking at getting a patrol zd30 which year did they come out redesigned...will be the new td42

Watch that temp gauge.

The TD42 is a outdated piece of shit, Nissan should have left it in the 1980's.

The 12HT Toyota use in the 62 Series Landcruiser is more advanced. Direct injection for starters.

Its got me !@#$%^ why everyone cracks a boner over the old heap of shit, they dont rev, there slow, there shit of fuel etc.

The Toyota 1HDFTE is 100 times better, they go hard, good on fuel and will rev. OHC for starters and 4 valves per cylinder. Direct Injection and doesnt overheat on hills.

ZD30 all day! Id rather put a new motor in mine when it hits 500,000km that buy a new one :)

Back