Which Bluetooth OBD adapter to buy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did read about some of the cheepies not reading quickley and one crashing a us jeep cherokee system.but as soon as it was unplugged it was fine.some you cannot issue a command but if its just for reading the navs vitals cheep is fine.

From what I can see, you plug it into the OBD port, pair the device with another bluetooth device, and run the OBD software (the software should find the device once paired).

I checked out the Nav doco and then looked in the floorwell in the vehicle. My OBD port is on the left hand side of the driver footwell (above the left footrest). It's a 16 pin port. Im thinking for most vehicles the port needs to be in this location - according to the standards it needs to be within a short distance of the driver.

I bought this device from eBay (the one in the link above).. Will see how it goes. If it works its a $20 solution when combined with the android app. I noticed also that the USB dongle itself comes with a bunch of different PC application software, so Im assuming those things can be installed on a PC (if the PC is like a laptop and is bluetooth compliant) and the adapter will work with that software also.

PC Software includes:
- EasyOBDII
- OBD2Spy
- Scanmaster ELM
- Scantool_net113win
- wOBDCRAZY

I like the sound of the last one..

Anyone used any of these applications before?

I purchased a V-Gate item I think it was called. From eBay cost a little more than the cheapies but was more responsive and had a on/off switch on the face of it. Fitted perfectly in the space provided for the d22 owners nd works perfectly with my Torque app on ny HTC phone and Samsung tablet.

Rusty

If it's talking industry-standard bluetooth then the S2 will do it (tested personally), the S3 will do it (tested personally), the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will do it (my current phone) and so I'd assume that they'd all do it.

I think the iPad is the same as the iPhone.

I can now confirm that it works on the Samsung Galaxy S4 (replaced my Nexus) as well. I could try it on the Samsung Galaxy Note II (bought one for the wife).

Yeah thanks to tony. Just did a bit of reading and this adapter won't work with iOS devices. The app developers need to pay apple to get access to the Bluetooth headers and then try and get the apps approved. Typical apple.

Other adapters work with iOS devices but they use the wireless protocol instead of Bluetooth.

Ah well. Will just use the laptop. :)
Cheers

Yeah thanks to tony. Just did a bit of reading and this adapter won't work with iOS devices. The app developers need to pay apple to get access to the Bluetooth headers and then try and get the apps approved. Typical apple.

Other adapters work with iOS devices but they use the wireless protocol instead of Bluetooth.

Ah well. Will just use the laptop. :)
Cheers

iPhone now available

Last edited:
Hi all. Their is now an OBD2 module out for iPhone. It's called IOBD2. The app is available In the App Store for free and the module is on eBay for between $60-$80 plus postage depending on the seller. Is anyone using one of these yet and if so how is it.

Cheers.

Can anyone shed some light on this yet? Seems to be few apps on iTunes but are the modules any good?

I have the ELM327 WIFI OBD2 this runs with my Ipad i use Dash Command and i'm real happy with the set up.

IMG_0357_zps69b3432b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

torque app on the a parrot asteroid smart with elm327 works brilliantly. Anyone downloaded the additional nissan plug in to allow more edu parameters. Its on the torque pro wiki?

Latest posts

Back