Wheel alignments

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunning1987

Reaction score
Anyone know how to do there own wheel alignments? mines running straight but am not in the middle of the rack....

I loved my grammar, I just wish she was still with us. RIP Nanna!

There's supposed to be a technique where on level ground, you place a mark in the middle of the rear of the front tyres (see note), measure the distance between the two marks, then move the car forward (never backwards) so the marks are now on the front face (see note). Then you adjust until it's right.

That won't work with the camber adjustment which is also quite important. For my money, I'd take it to a tyre place and get them to do it.

Total toe-in for an UNLADEN 4WD is 2.2mm (nominal). This is what you get when you subtract the FRONT measurement from the REAR. If the front measurement is larger than the rear, you're way out of adjustment.

Note (for those that need it): If you're looking at the tyre, imagine a clock face placed on the tyre. 12 o'clock is the highest point on the tyre and 6 o'clock is on the road. That means for the LEFT tyre, the front is at 9 o'clock and the rear at 3 o'clock, opposite for the right tyre.

pay the 40 something dollars for a decent alignment, you can't measure caster, camber or toe accurately with a piece of string, as old tony said approx 2mm total toe in is nice for these vehicles and I recommend a touch more caster on the left side due to the camber of the roads in aus

Ive only asked, because my left wheel is pulling me out so i just wanted to adjust me back in till i can get home and get it realigned and possibly replace the bent component.

if its got a bent component you can do a rough job of the toe using a t square and a tape, measure distance at the rear of the tyre left to right, and the front of the tyre left to right the measurement at the front should be 2 mm less than the rear, thus giving 2mm total toe, this is a roughie, but if you have something bent, your tyre will scrub out anyway, better than nothing I guess

Latest posts

Back