What is this for (d40 dash)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezzdash

Reaction score
Wondering if i can push out the black circle thing under the aircon vent so i can mount my cb radio there. Wat is the circle thing actually for

Dezz

Attachments

• image-240368251.jpg
    image-240368251.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 362
Yeah mate, pretty sure you can push it out. It would be where a button goes on the euro models... another feature we miss out on. Id move the hazard switch to that spot and use the hazard spot for the CB.

On my R51 that is a passengers seatbelt warning light. Probably able to unclip and just pop it out form behind.

Hi Dezz

This is for the warning (flasher) buuton on left hand drive Navara's. In my 2006 D40, I have moved the warning button (flasher) to the left hand side and cover the blanked hole on the right
with my CB (remote) microphone.

Check out the images on my garage.

Ian

I removed the dash (not hard at all) and I put the hazard switch on the passenger side and installed the blank one on the driver side. Then I mount my mic onto it.

I would have used it to swing the AGM65s out on the sides of the vehicle. Don't need to use a mike if the guy in front is no longer there! KaBOOOOM!

I thought it might have been the hazard light switch hole for the left-hand-drive market. Saves them from manufacturing two different centre consoles.

AMG65s??? I like that Old Tony, where can we buy them? And for those ones I can use the switches on the steering wheel!

We are pretty fond of our D40's and it surprising or perhaps it is not really surprising that nobody has mentioned the real reason.... Glory hole. Even sized according to the requirements of the average D40 driver.

Of course it must be covered with a blanking plate.

Joe, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Removed mine and fitted an extra power socket so that on long trips I can run the GPS off the original socket and the wife can run her portable DVD player off the new one. Works a treat. Easy to remove just have to access a few small screws from behind the dash.

I was thinking of anchoring my 7" GPS to it. Not a lot of room up on the dash mat. I would have to adapt a generic GPS holder to screw into the 'black hole'. Hopefully it would hold the weight.
Any thoughts on this folks?

Latest posts

Back