what is real facts about hid,s

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darryl

Reaction score
[Hey All,

HIDs Thinking about getting some for my d22 2011, first are they Illegal? if not what is the best k range for hwy/bush, best watts and are they as good as they say,I am trying to filter through the hyp:cheers: ONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

it its illegal to fit hid globes to a reflector/lenz that isnt designed for hid globes
hid driving lights are legal
hid conversions into std headlights are illegal and unroadworthy and will void insurance
so
if you have an accident and the other car sais " his headlights were blinding me" and you are found to have illegal hid's you are in deep shit and liable

The requirements for HID headlights are:

1) auto-levelling mechanism installed
2) Lensed output (not just reflector)
3) Washer unit installed for each light

If you can satisfy this, you can have HID headlights.

Otherwise, get HID driving lights.

Holy crap thanks guys
take your advice old tony, I will get driving lights instead /better warn my son he just put 35watters in
thanks again
this forum is great

The requirements for HID headlights are:

1) auto-levelling mechanism installed
2) Lensed output (not just reflector)
3) Washer unit installed for each light

If you can satisfy this, you can have HID headlights.

Otherwise, get HID driving lights.

tony
ime not sure about washer units ??
traceys car is an fto import, it has hid headlights from factory and no washer units
and i cant see any auto levelling thingy ?
the car passed aust compliance in january this year when we imported it

Funny, I was reading the regs about these not that long ago, I'll have to find them again.

Take a look at any of the new cars with HID. You can spot the washer units - they aren't there as a bonus, they are there because of the HID and the Aus regs.

It's possible that they just missed that aspect in your car? It's also possible (I recall this from somewhere) that all 3 requirements didn't have to be met if the HIDs were a factory item. Not sure how that makes a lot of sense but that's what I recall anyway.

Xenon HID's are illegal, they are blinding to all road users, and the beam is scattered like crazy... But I just installed a 8000k Bi-Xenon kit in my D22 and love them :)

I've decided, when I get my led light bar, hid lights will come out. Too many Roos out there on the way to work not to have good lighting.

You would have to be pretty unlucky to get done by cops though. I have had mine for a year now and every time I have been through a booze bus or pulled over for a RBT they have said nothing about them

HIDs are goof if your in the car looking out, for everyone else on the road theyr f@cked. If someone has em driving toward me and i think they are too bright, they cop my high beams till i pass them.

Latest posts

Back