What is a good size tyre for my D22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattberry1611

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a dual cab 2006 d22, I was wondering what a good size tyre is to put on it, I've heard 265/75/16 are the biggest you can go with a stock car, and other suggestions at all?
Thanks
Matt

I just wanna know what size tyres I can put on there with a stock car, because reading the forums I get mixed reactions and aren't sure what size to go

I ran 265/75/16 on the stock rims with no lift and had no problems.
Probably a good choice for minimal loss of power and speedo accuracy.
If you change rims to different offset you may have scrubbing and will have to start lifting.

stock rims are +40 i think

265/75 will fit but depending on the tyre and what you want to do 245/75 could be a better option

Stock STR rims, the alloy ones are 16inch rims, 7 inch wide and +40 offset.

Stock Tyre size for these is 265 70 16
Legally you can go up to a 50mm tyre difference. but you would ideally need lift before trying this.
265 75 16's should fit without lift, and give a 26mm difference.
285 75 16 is a skinny 33 and gives 56mm lift, so technically illegal, but a good choice for cars with lift.

when looking at larger tires you want to move them away from the suspension, so you need to decrease your offset, legally you can only do a 50mm track change, so you can only go to a rim with a +15 offset.

Stock STR rims, the alloy ones are 16inch rims, 7 inch wide and +40 offset.

Stock Tyre size for these is 265 70 16
Legally you can go up to a 50mm tyre difference. but you would ideally need lift before trying this.
265 75 16's should fit without lift, and give a 26mm difference.
285 75 16 is a skinny 33 and gives 56mm lift, so technically illegal, but a good choice for cars with lift.

when looking at larger tires you want to move them away from the suspension, so you need to decrease your offset, legally you can only do a 50mm track change, so you can only go to a rim with a +15 offset.

Finaly an answer that gives us lay men a good idea of what to do. I figured the higher the pos offset would push your wheels out not pull them in. Good tot learn what needs to be done.
A big thank you from everyone who struggles to get their heads around tyres and offset.

Sammy.

Latest posts

Back