Weak firewall

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hay guys my firewall has cracked so badly around my clutch master cylender that my clutch no longer works. The initial crack is right along a press crease in the firewall. My ute is 2010 modle, so just out of warranty and nissan are refusing to fix this clear manufacturing defect.

Has this happend to anyone else?

Does anyone think it's worth perusing nissan to attempt to get them to fix it?

Isn't 2010 when the Thai factory flooded? Pretty sure others have mentioned rust issuses.

There's no rust in it, it seems to have cracked along the press crease in the firewall. And I wouldn't have thought 120,000km was excesive use

This is where Nissan either shines or looks really, really dark.

Who is refusing, exactly? Did you ask a Nissan dealer, or did you ask Nissan? They are completely different. If you asked the dealer, they may have decided to try refusal first as a general policy (because it's easier that way). Nissan themselves may be more receptive.

The key is to get the dealer on your side, so it won't pay to be abrasive with them. Going back and being reasonable with the dealer, saying that you haven't done anything extraordinary and you've checked with other Navara owners who have done harsher things than you etc etc - may give the service manager enough cause to try for a goodwill claim to Nissan.

Good luck! The alternative is getting the area MIG-welded at a panel shop.

Possibly also needs plating..a good squirt with a mig can stress the metal..better than nothing but its likley to crack around the weld again

I find it unlikely for flooding to have anything to do with it. definatley sounds like a manufacturing defect and possible saftey issue to the firewall bulkhead is critical in a crash.

First step- I would be taking detailed photos even an engineers report, may be well worth the outlay. Along with a good letter to Nissan Australia technical/ engineering department. Make sure the letter and and other evidence is addressed to the technical department not just Nissan Australia head office. Would be very interesting to see what happens from there. At this stage forget the dealer.

Latest posts

Back