Water over bonnet honours..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what else do you need to do for water crossings like this? do you disconnect your fans or anything like that how do the electrics go with it?

what else do you need to do for water crossings like this? do you disconnect your fans or anything like that how do the electrics go with it?

Walk the crossing first so you know what to expect. A tarp across the front is good insurance keeping water out of engine bay, keeping a bow wave means water doesn't realy get up there. Some people tie the viscous fan off with rope too as the fan can bend or snap blades into the radiator or the radiator can be pushed back onto the spinning fan. The rear diff breather on the D22 is best extended up to the top of the tray too, gearbox, transfer and front dif breathers go to top of fire wall standard. Have your recovery gear attached before going in if in doubt to allow for speedy recovery.

Cheers

Dont let the motor stall so water cant get into the turbo and motor

Walk the crossing?
I bought a vehicle so thst I don't have to walk, or get wet!
Your a crazy man you are!

Nah makes sense though.

if you can't walk it you can't drive it. walking it is a very good idea. you don't know how deep it is or if theres deap holes or big rocks in it.

If i see a track leading into a river and out but not a massive river just something like my first pic, i can tell ya now i will not walk it, as much as you should i wont. It all adds to fun 4wding if you get stuck.

If i see a track leading into a river and out but not a massive river just something like my first pic, i can tell ya now i will not walk it, as much as you should i wont. It all adds to fun 4wding if you get stuck.

I agree, just not in a $50K truck.

We walked the particular crossing in my earlier photo as it was nice clear water.
Walking the crossings is a very good idea.
However when you up north & there are plenty of crocs around it doesn't seem like a very good idea anymore.
If in doubt wait for some one else with a big lift & let them go through first.
The cape in july is like hindley st in Adelaide on a friday night, so there are plenty of people around.

Keep the photos coming guys.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thought I would add one of my old Triton in the vic high country
The water was not quite as high as my navara pic.

tritonwatercrossing.jpg

Cheers

Latest posts

Back