Waeco fridge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bong

Reaction score
have a 50ltr Waeco that runs flat out whether the emergency switch is on or off. Any ideas what is causing it.:tazzy:

No, I only had it set on one light which is the warmest setting and I turned it off when my thermometer hit minus 7 deg.

I am useless with all electrical and mechanical problems. I have tried the emergency switch both on and off but with no change. May have to take it to someone to get it fixed properly. Thanks.

sounds like the thermostat isn't working as old tony said, or the output/relay that starts the compressor has its contacts fused closed.

When you first turn the unit on, does the compressor kick in straight away or does it think about it for a bit then kick in?

It starts within a second and I have pulled it apart, blown the dust off and cannot see any fuse, but as I said, I'm not good with mechanical, electrical or female problems.

You're in it deep, then, because Waeco fridges have mechanical compressors controlled by electronic circuits that are complete c*nts when they go wrong.

Sounds like it's time for a service guy to see it. Your local Rays Outdoors/BCF ought to know where it can be taken.

Thanks for your input guys, there is a dealer in Lismore here so he should know where to take it for repairs. Just gotta keep those beers cold..

Latest posts

Back