void warranty ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockster

Reaction score
i have 2 inch sus lift, mickeyt's mtz's 33's, rubs the littlest bit on full flex just cut 1 inch off plastic rim under the guard not noticable. but i want a 2 inch body lift will give more room allways better. will this void a warranty since will be 4 inch. i'm insured with CGU

will phone up cant till tuesday but anyone here know

any illegal mod or mod that needs engineering that hasnt been engineered will void your insurance
for example
incorrect globe strength in headlights
accident at night
goodbye insurance

what he said ^ body lift, 2" suspension lift and 33"s will probably make your car illegal.

in QLD your allowed 50+50+25mm respective increase in height for each of those components

Nissan will see your mods and say stiff shit was used offroad... they always do.

It's not necessarily your warranty that will be voided by the lift - it does depend on what the issue is.

If you try to claim warranty on a component that you have had modified - you are unlikely to get a lot of joy. However, Nissan aren't completely unreasonable - I've used my vehicle off road, but they've covered a few items under warranty. One transfer case seal, one uni joint, one diff seal, steering shaft .. I've had my car lifted 45mm at the front, 85mm at the rear.

If the dealer tries to give you the runaround, just persist (as long as you're right). Example: you've been off-roading, and you've even bottomed the vehicle in a mud pool, and the wiper motor fails. Dealer might try to bullshit you about it, but persist and they'll have to back down. Threatening to call Nissan or the Fair Trading department in your state works wonders when they're being unreasonable.

The greater worry for you is (as they've already pointed out) insurance. Any vehicle can be lifted beyond the rather minimal limits imposed by the motor vehicle authorities as long as they've been certified by an engineer - otherwise the vehicle is technically unroadworthy and that means that the insurer has a technical means of avoiding the policy.

another option is cutting the gaurds and pulling it back 20mm very easy mod if you can weld or even getting someone to do it shouldn't cost that much. I body lifted my old rx D40 and i didn't like it. went the gaurd chop option with the new one and you cant tell its been done i even still run the mudflaps because the 285's clear them by 12mm at full lock.

I don't know about warranty, but legal or illegal depend on where you live?
Vic - Don't even bother.
Qld - fairly easy, just get it approved with RTA or what ever it is up there.
NSW - it needs to be engineered, can be tricky. Some engineers won't do it, but I know a good one in the Newcastle area if needed.

Wa is Max 50mm, either suspension, body lift or tyres, but Max 50mm however you do it. You may be able to get it mod plated but you have to apply to the licensing department first and undertake a lane change test I believe which are very expensive...

if i get 1 inch spacers on shocks and 2 inch body lift will this give me a lot more clearence from tyres.

i have only 2 inch suspension lift with 33's baja mt's

Depends on the car you've got. If you have a D40, I'm not sure you'll be able to get much more out of the front without replacing the UCAs.

A 1" (25mm) spacer on the coils will give you a bit more lift than 25mm.

Suffice to say that ANY thing you add will give you clearance from the tyres. With a wider tyre, watch the inner guards on full lock.

cheers mate they rub a little on full lock at min that's why i was wanting more of a lift.

i was thinkig 1 inch spacer on my 2 inch suspension a 2 inch body lift would that clear the rubbing.
i do like to go doing rocks e.t.c not extreme of course but it rubs on guards :(

thanks
jock

Last edited:
Back