Victorian diesel shortage. Wtf is going on?!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit-chop

Reaction score
Didnt know anything about it till this arvo when the first two servos i stopped at had none and every servo after that didnt have the board up for diesel so just kept driving. Was shitting me daks, didnt think id make it home, and im a bloke who has gotten getting regular 72l fillups out of a 75l tank down to an art so she was running on fumes.
Anyone know when we're getting diesel again?

There is already two threads on this. And the answer is no. Things are being repaired but there is no definite dates that all servos will have fuel but more should be getting it daily.

I'm surprised that you haven't heard anything about the shortage!

It's been in the papers, on the radio and on the TV plus every 4 wheel drive web site I'm a member of has at least 1 thread and often several discussing it.

Bottom line no one at Shell has committed to a fixed date for the supplies to recommence and during the shortage diesel is only being supplied in limited amounts which aren't enough to meet demand (mainly but not exclusively coming from the other refinery in Victoria).

In the mean time I would strongly suggest keeping your tank as full as possible and filling up when you see a garage that's got diesel rather than 'when you need it'.

Yeah it seems im pretty well out of the loop! Well, i wont be able to go to work tomorrow,being a tradesman with all the equipement on the ute. ill keep a jerry with me in the other car tonite during my travels incase i find some.

Latest posts

Back