v6 unichip?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatman

Reaction score
has anybody ever unichipped a v6 navara? i think they have been doing it in the states but not sure. i just got hurricane headers and a snorkel for my navara and going to get better camshafts with new lifters, so im thinking a unichip will make it all work much sweeter. also i would like to add that the hurricane headers are good news, they hang down a little bit (not to bad) and the paint is flaking off them already, but they give you way more top end power without losing any down low. they are expensive but they help the v6 alot.

Waste of money? People spend thousands upon thousands getting their diesel to go a bit faster, but my petrol will eat them all. Just wondering how i can go about remapping the stock ecu if its possible.

When i put the headers on the top speed of my navara increased dramatically if anybody is wondering about the headers, they are hurricane headers. They are bullshit expensive but they are good.

I used to own a pathfinder shitbox with the 3.3v6 if you think its faster then a worked Turbo diesel your dreaming mate, its a crap engine, reliable but has no power and drinks more then a 20 year alcoholic.

Maybe for the first 30meters but once the TD gets into second it'd be game over, the only reason to buy one would be because you can't afford the TD then after a month when your getting 350km to a tank vs 600-750km the extra $5000 for a ZD30 or YD25 won't seem like that much.

Pull the VG33E out, throw it in the bin. Install a VG30DETT, 206kw from the factory.

The SOHC heads are rubbish.

A swap sounds like too much effort, would be nuts im sure, but i dont want to mess with the reliability, So nobody knows if you can remap or chip the standard ecu? Im just hoping some one can plug a computer into my diagnostics and mess with it. Cheers

Surely youd be able to find a workshop that does dyno tuning? They will be able to tell you whether the standard ecu can be remapped or if you need a piggyback ecu. And you can pick their brains on choices of cam, superchargers and wot not

the vg30dett won't fit because it is too wide for the Nav engine bay, if I was going to go turbo it would be the same setup as the vg30et (manifolds etc) running straight through the sohc 3.3, it can get around 300hp on the standard internals and with internal work I can get 500hp+ of gearbox breaking goodness, not that that either would be a good idea as last time I was at the drags I watched a 2004 hilux with a 2jz skittle and scramble for traction from the leafs/tray and get a dismal 17.2sec qtr

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back