!URGENT HELP- No Throttle ZD30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solo

Reaction score
G'day Guys '
I'm out bush and have no throttle response. Yesterday I got it to work by resetting the ECU and it was fine all day, but this morning it would not rerspond again and disconnecting the battery for 1/2 an hour has not fixed it.

1. Any suggestions as to the problem/ solution?

2. Any way to gerry rig the fly by wire throttle to get me out of here?

Back in internet range tommorrow for answers/suggestions

Cheers SOLO:closed:

I'd need more info as well. Is the "check engine light" on? Does it idle smoothly? Have you been through water or severe dust? If you grab the diesel primer bulb near the fuel pump, how many squeezes before it goes hard? Can you smell diesel in the engine bay?

Knowing the year of your car will help too, so we can poke around in the manuals and see if anything stabs us in the face.

It's a2005 Z30. No diesel smell, No engine light, Idles smoothly, Starts easily.
After resetting and driving yesterday it started and accelerated normally every time. This morning started OK but no throttle response. Resetting ECU did not change it.???

Cheers SOLO

The throttle looks like it's electronic alright.

Okay, if you stick your head under the dash near your accelerator pedal, you might find some cables and connectors near your foot. Take these apart and push them back together again.

If that doesn't work, it might be the ECU's main connector isn't sitting properly, or it has some debris or corrosion that's gotten on to the connections. Unplug and replug a couple of times to fix that.

How's the primer bulb? Does it firm up quickly?

Thanks for your advice guys. I'm pleased to say that I got going and I made it home.
The problem (still not identified or rectified) appears to be caused by extreme cold...we experienced nights of near and below freezing.
The next morning it would start and would run at fast idle on the heat switch but would not respond to the accelerator. Fast idle for 15minutes did not correct it but left sit for a while after running (heat soak) you could start and drive normally.
The last couple of days with warmer nights there was no problem in the morning.
Any suggestions on a cause or suspect component?

Cheers SOLO:cheers!:

Early accelerator pedals were known to fail in like 2000-2001 GU's.

Rare in the later model ZD30's though.

Have you had water in the cab ?

change the TPS (throttle sensor). we had the same in one of the utes except it would go idle only randomly at any intersection.

having said that, just in case your getting symptoms mixed, pump the fuel primer before starting. if you can check fuel filter and fuel line connections. i have had it when doing fuel filter changes, fuel blockage or air in the filter can cause the pump to starve and it will only idle.
you might be getting air sucked in when the fuel cools down over night or if its really cold its blocking up the filter etc.

Latest posts

Back