Upgrade speakers or head unit.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melliott

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just trying to work out what i am better spending my money on.
Should i upgrade my head unit or my speakers?

I am happy with the functionality on the stock unit, but i am after some better quality sound and a little more bass.

What is your recommendations?

I mean while your exploring the cabin to find the screws for everything might as well do them both

Doing a head unit replacement is The best place to start.
The factory fitted stereos only have very small microprocessing in them.

When fitting a new head deck,you get the newest technology a far superior microprocessing unit.this alone will improve clarity and also bass sound.

My advice would be to start with the head unit first,then venture down the path of new speakers,at a later date.

⚠️Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's⚠️

Sweet, thanks for the advise.
Just trying to split the cost up a little bit.
Saving for a house so im putting most of my cash away for that.

I was looking at a Pioneer double din unit.

thats the best thing about car stereos. you can buy one bit at a time. only bad thing is you might have to pull the head unit out a couple of times

I don't mind having to pull the HU out a few times. Although the i haven't removed the dash on the Navara yet, it looks easier than my past cars.

I have also been told that the antenna cable will need a adapter.
What converter have you guys used for the steering wheel controls?

pulling the original head unit out is a piece of piss. remove coin tray for access to the screws, front facia plate just pulls off if i remember right, then unplug the a/c controls

I'll say head unit too. Done to a few of my cars and also my parents car years ago, changing the head unit makes a world of difference. Just changing speakers make bugger all in my opinion.

Here

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415601996634.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415601996634.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 126
Did the speahers on mine first as they were shot. Made a huge difference. Stock speakers are totally puss. I design speakers so had to have something decent!

head unit first. the sooner the better to get bluetooth, usb/aux outlet, reverse camera, dvd player etc.
i installed a sony, plugged and played, and didn't need an aerial adapter!

Latest posts

Back